Monday, November 10, 2014

page is getting harder & harder to find

Sometimes I can get on, and others-??
I try to remember to put in wwqpblogger, but don't always.  So, glad for a check in.
Looks like the Canada/middle of the USA, from South Dakota to Minn. is getting hit with really cold weather and snow.  I talked to my DD last night-praise- they are finally moving out of the cramped 2bd. 1 bath little badly insulated house to 5 mi. away to a 4 bd. room 2 bath, much better insulated place.  She wanted prayer that the snow would hold off until after the 15th, as that is when the beds, etc. are being moved (with pick up truck). So far, so good.  This place is about 2,000 sq.feet, with a 2 car garage and large kitchen and -drum roll--a dishwasher.
I went to family Dr. on Thursday, she was full of good ideas as to how to fight aging, anxiety, etc.  For the 2 and 1/2 years Mom has been with me I thought that anxiety was heredity, but she says no, it can be overcome with exercise, healthy eating (high quality fats, nuts, oils).. She told me yoga at least once a week, walking 3X a week, etc.  So-hopefully that my mental state will improve over the next 2 months.  Nothing is instant.
Still slowly working on pink & white quilt for DD, the one with "Minkie"    on the back.  It will be heavy, but at least something "girly" in a house full of men.  One DGS is now 18, the second is turning 17 this week.  Yikes.
Our house is off the market until next Feb-March or so.  We can have some peace for our Thanksgiving and Christmas while we again tackle de-cluttering, packing up.
And oh-I've shrunk 1 inch!
My Mom is totally in the bed now, unable to stand, thankfully the hospice people have a good handle on things-for the most part.  Saw her this AM about 11:00.
Sara in Fla.

3 Comments:

At November 11, 2014 at 5:37 AM , Blogger Laura in IA said...

Sarah it sounds like the doctor has some good idea for stress and anxiety. I hope you find it helpful as quickly as possible. You deserve a little peace in your life right now.

 
At November 11, 2014 at 5:51 AM , Blogger Laura in IA said...

Sarah it sounds like the doctor has some good idea for stress and anxiety. I hope you find it helpful as quickly as possible. You deserve a little peace in your life right now.

 
At November 11, 2014 at 7:52 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Thanks Laura-Today has been a good day. I'm going to make yoga and walking a priority for "ME", just as if someone had to take a prescription 4 X a week. Not just something that is a good idea, but good for physical & mental health. We are usually hardest on ourselves.
Sara in Fla.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home