Thursday, December 11, 2014

Christmas greetings to all...

I have managed to find some old photos on the computer so I thought I would post this one to wish you all a happy holiday season..  It's a wall hanging I made when the DGC were smaller. It just fits the fireplace so that's where is goes these days !!

 There are only 63 photos in the album that  I found .I have no idea where the other several hundred photos are... I will make it my New Years Resolution to find out more about this machine !  I love seeing the photos that appear on this page and wish I could post  more regularly..  "Technical difficulties "prevent that from happening (?!?) (i.e..... me...)

The last of the shortbread has been made, I just have to wrap and deliver now.. The coming week looks reasonably quiet after a very busy two weeks.  How are the rest of you getting on. ?  Must be hard for our American friends to have Christmas so soon after Thanksgiving..

Marion

3 Comments:

At December 12, 2014 at 7:42 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Marion, what a creatively gifted wallquilt you've made, it's beautiful. Your Christmases are warm, ours are cold. Does it somehow seem odd to you not to have snow at Christmas? This year I'm not having Christmas here but with my son and his daughter, himself's son, his companion (never know what to call that anymore...they travel together, spend week-ends together) and her mother, whom we have yet to meet. After having such busy Christmases this will be different but truthfully, I'm happier not being so busy on that one day...families grow, change, disperse, I think it means I'm getting old-er.
No shortbread for me, I can't eat anything that moo'd in its former life but I do remember when I could eat it and how it just melted in my mouth,
Rosey

 
At December 13, 2014 at 5:11 AM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

Yes, Rosey, I have never got used to celebrating Christmas in this (so called) warm climate ! It is easier not to have the big cooked dinner though. Some people still do it, no matter what the weather, but we have always favored a BBQ-ed brunch , late morning/ early afternoon,followed by the present opening (now that the children are old enough to wait !) mince pies/coffee etc, a rest or a walk and then a meal at night. Mostly cold meats (Ham and turkey)and a variety of tasty salads , new potatoes etc... Anna always invites her neighbours to join us for that and it's usually a very happy evening.. A nice relaxing day especially as the DSIL likes to do the BBQ-ing and the grandchildren do the dishes... It wasn't always this easy !!!

 
At December 14, 2014 at 9:07 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Good to see posts. I've never had Mince pie! Our tradition in the south is pecan pie, or lemon chess. My DH likes either apple or pumpkin. We have been invited to 2 Christmas dinners! LOL I think we will do one about noon and go to the other one just for desert. Not sure yet. Just got back from a Christmas musical al a local church with some friends. Lovely music.
Will check back later in the week. Doing well here, just over another head cold.
Weather here ranges from 32 one night to 72 in the daytime.
Sara in No. Fla.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home