Monday, December 8, 2014

What a beautiful quilt !

There will be one very happy little girl on Christmas morning.  That's beautiful work Rosey.

The page for writing the "post" came up easily today, the problem now will be to see if I can "Publish'  There seem to be too many options and I'm never sure to take the right one...

Our unsettled weather continues. We can drop 20deg in a few minutes and we are all rather tired of it.  That's partly because we are a narrow country with little land mass around us.  We have more than our fair share of wind, the Easterly and the Southerly being our cold winds and the Nor'Wester usually being our hot,drying one.  It was very hot here this morning but now the wind has changed and it quite chilly...

I put the Christmas decorations up during the w/end.  Not many, as we are away for Christmas, but enough to get the feel of the festive season !  Most of the parcels are wrapped and the cards sent, it's a costly business isn't it ? Last year I decided that it would be my last for sending cards but I've fallen into it again this year...They mostly go to the U.K and have done for the past fifty years . The list will get shorter, nothing more sure than that !?!

Mince pies are my favorite eating at Christmas time ! Can't get enough of them !  I make them in the small muffin tins going by the theory that it's alright to have two, when they are so small....

The garden has survived the difficult weather conditions remarkably well and is looking quite pretty and colourful .  I should take some photos but I've no idea where my camera is. Since the DH got his IPad he takes photos on that , I don't think he knows how to transfer them to the computer ... I really should be more pro active about such things myself but I'm just not interested enough (plus the fact that I am inherently lazy !)

We are off to Auckland to stay with DD#2 and family for Christmas.  Always interesting up there with three teenagers in the house.....

 Here comes the rain, Better go and rescue the washing..

Marion .

2 Comments:

At December 10, 2014 at 4:55 AM , Blogger Laura in IA said...

Marion our weather has always been changeable like that in the middle of the USA(Iowa).

Mince was a favorite pie of my mother. I would have no idea how to even begin. She and her sisters enjoyed it on the holidays but I did not develop a taste for it. I do make the family date pudding recipe though - so simple and tasty.

 
At December 10, 2014 at 5:45 AM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

Yum ! A date pudding sounds nice. We have a "sticky date pudding" here which is very popular, I wonder if that's the same as your family favorite ?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home