Monday, October 14, 2013

If it's not one thing, it's another!

Ok, going to pass on trying to get the pictures up for now.  Evidently the I-pad doesn't like me, and the I-phone doesn't like the I-pad.  Can't get them to talk to each other!
In the mean time, I went to Mayo clinic Thurs. afternoon, talked to the Dr. on Friday.  Bad news!
The nevis, spot, freckle, whatever you want to call it has grown.  Not much, but enough for them to call it Malignant Melanoma.  Oh Rats!
Don't know if everyone out there in WWQP land is up on eyeballs, (othr than we need them) but the doctors don't want to bioposy anything, because it disturbs the eye itself, and can make the melanoma grow.  If it spreads it goes to the liver (who knew?)   So right now I'm waiting on a phone call to get a  CAT scan of my liver.  After the results of that --one day-- I go back to consult with the Dr. to see how to go ahead.  Hopefully the scan will be negative!  There is only a 5% chance of it spreading.
Good news.  I can then go for proton radiation treatment, regular radiation, or laser surgery.  So,
would appreciate good vibes, prayers, etc.  I know the eyesight will be somewhat less after surgery, but that is better than liver cancer any day.
Never a dull min. in my life.  I'm not telling my Mom, no sense in worring a 96 year old.
Going to put the binding on one quilt in the next 24 hrs. to feel like I can do something, while waiting.
Sara in Fla. where I love the humidity!

3 Comments:

At October 16, 2013 at 2:04 AM , Blogger Bee said...

Sara, sorry you are having even more problems, you don't seem to win . Sending lots of love andprayers to you. Hugs, Be

 
At October 17, 2013 at 2:35 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Thanks Bee. Lots of people are praying for me.
I have CAT scan at Mayo Clinic tomorrow at 2:30 PM and results consult with Dr. on Wed. at 8AM. Will know more then.
Sara in Fla.

 
At October 19, 2013 at 3:57 AM , Blogger Lavinia said...

Hugs and prayers, Sara.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home