Thursday, June 6, 2013

Bee & her 'Wheatabix' bathroom floor

Bee, rather than respond, I thought I'd take this into a post because I found your post so descriptive and interesting.  Can you imagine building with material like this.  Boggles the mind even if it was the greatest thing since sliced bread, a Canadian saying as well...wonder if it originated in Britain...we are after all, subject to the homeland...and so, porridge with brown sugar...only way to eat oatmeal...and bananas and brown sugar; french fries with vinegar, not ketchup...that's so U.S. (if you're not from PQ (Province of Quebec, next to our province of Ontario) and have gravy on your 'chips/fries' and call it Poutine.  Gross!)  Bee, I sure hope you get your soggy flooring fixed..I should imagine winter is not a good time to have a soggy bathroom floor.

It is 8:14 pm in Ontario, Canada.  The rain is drizzling down in a very friendly way which means our chimney which has flashing around it that is not working properly and allowing water to trickle down into himself's workshop in the basement will not do so this time after the two storms we had recently which slashed down in a torrential rainfall...the positive side of this is the fact that he's beginning to clear out some of his junk from his workshop cleaning up the water pooling on the floor....he's the proud owner of one hundred or so historical extention cords with two prongs instead of the newer version of three prongs.  One never knows when one will need such a collection of extention cords.  Some museum may wish to lay claim to them, one day.

I am sitting here becoming familiar with neuralgia.  Seems instead of black fly bites, which I felt certain I had, my massage therapist last Thurs. discreetly said:  I think you have shingles over top of your left ear.  Indeed, upon closer sideways inspection, it appeared she was correct.  Last time I had them, a mild case on my tummy, it felt like I had the flu.  When anyone said:  shingles are so painful, I scoffed and said, I was over them before I knew I had them.  Well, it's come back to bite me this time.  Indeed, while I have a mild case, I've had shooting pains up the left side of my head that at one point prompted me to send my son an email to tell him what to do with my worldly goods.  Thankfully, it's easing up some now.  I've found that putting my finger in my ear when the pain starts, helps.  Trouble is, I can't sleep with my finger in my ear.  My homeopath has given me something which is helping as I don't respond well to mainstream medicine.  When I ask him if he thought it would work, he rolled his eyeballs, looked at the picture of Dr. Hanneman and said:  it's good enough for the Royal family.  And it does seem to be helping.  I hope one day westernized medicine will become integrative.    
RoseyP

7 Comments:

At June 7, 2013 at 3:25 PM , Blogger Bee said...

Thank you for your comments.I can now dance o my floor except the old bones don't dance these days,still the thought is there.Re the Royal family that is usually my response when my friends ask why I don't use a normal Dr. My vet is also a homeopath and if it works for animals it can't be in ones mind. Bee.

 
At June 7, 2013 at 3:29 PM , Blogger Bee said...

Also I have a collection of hot water kettles/jugs which have worn out but you never know they might come in handy!! He had the nerve to tell me I had a lot of junk.Bee.

 
At June 7, 2013 at 3:29 PM , Blogger Bee said...

Also I have a collection of hot water kettles/jugs which have worn out but you never know they might come in handy!! He had the nerve to tell me I had a lot of junk.Bee.

 
At June 8, 2013 at 11:47 AM , Blogger Lavinia said...

Did you get the shot for shingles? Just wondered if this is hitting you after getting the shot?? Get well quick and hugs!

 
At June 8, 2013 at 2:54 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Thanks, Lavinia, but no...no shots...unless you count cognac !! I had a bad experience with the medical profession in 1985 and haven't trusted them since. My GP understands...unless it's a pain I can't figure out, I see my homeopath. I had two sites of the shingles, they're drying up but the neuralgia is enough to drive me to drink...well, ahem, it's not a bad idea....lol. I can't afford my tastes so I hardly drink at all. Cognac is expensive.
Rosey

 
At June 8, 2013 at 4:21 PM , Blogger Lavinia said...

Well there's been so many friends and relatives with shingles I gave in and got the shot, since I had chicken pox with my kids when I was 32 (and hard measles at 33). I am not "into" pills or stuff, either, just have a thyroid pill to keep going.

 
At June 16, 2013 at 8:11 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

I took the shingles shot a month ago. I have enough aches and pains that I really do not want a bad case of shingles on top of all that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home