Sunday, May 19, 2013

Time to check in!

Got to thinking about the Chat Page as I met up with Sandi Irish at Portland's Spring Quilt Market
on Friday. She was working at the Blank Fabrics booth & had many of her great quilts and patterns
on display.  It was wonderful to see her and to see her work up close!  didn't have much time as I was
on someone else's dime so to speak.  I got to tag along with my GF who has a cottage business, this is a wholesalers event.
There is nothing else like Quilt Market, wow, unbelievable. We belong to the most amazing group
as quilters. It was so enjoyable.
We also attended a lecture and trunk show by Jenny Doan from the Missouri Strar Quilt Co. She is the neatest lady & her story is amazing.  She is the queen of YouTubes and precuts, I loved her presentation. Don't miss her if you ever get the chance.
Easy Peezy is the name of the game for me these days regarding quilting. I have sooooooo much fabric to work with. This picture is my room after a huge cleaning project after my floor got saturated for the 2nd winter in a row :(  :(    :(    I donated tons of fabric but still have an overwhelming amount.
The quilt is an example of trying to use up stash, it's from  the book "Bundles of Fun" , 12-step Program is the pattern name & it's soooooo much fun and sooooooo easy! I'm working on another today.  It takes 12 FQ's. 
Otherwise, still working (like crazy), sewing, when I can, with my peeps, when I can, so I'll never
stop. What will quit 1st me or my 35 yr old Bernina?????
PS: goggle Sandi's (Irish) quilts, she has great patterns and is so talented!  GO Sandi!
I can't seem to bring up archives so I hope everyone is well. Mary Jo, so sorry that your husband still
struggles, bless his heart.                          Love, Jill

2 Comments:

At May 19, 2013 at 7:22 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

I had never heard of the Missouri Star quilt Co. until I googled "necktie quilts" She was doing a you-tube of Dresden Plate pattern, and her instructions made me think "Hum-the fans look just like neckties." Very easy to understand.
Glad you had fun!
Sara in Fla.

 
At May 20, 2013 at 5:56 PM , Blogger Kathi in Idaho said...

Holy cow, Jill! Your stash is even more impressive than mine is!!! Love the pattern.

Kathi

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home