Saturday, June 1, 2013

1st day of winter here in NZ

Hi I hope this posts it took me ages to find my way around the site .I do wish we could stop altering it. Back to winter, not much happening here unless you call a leak in my bathroom floor!!!!!! I have a weetbix floor not real wood and when it gets wet it falls apart. This happened because we had such a wonderful summer my house moved,darn it, I don't need this mess. I have been trying to get rid of a lot of things I don't need, this has been ongoing for a while, but so far I can't see where I have been, I didn't realise I had so much junk. Luckily my grand-daughter has now moved into her own house so a lot has gone her way. We are now in a very wet season which is great with a dog who can't count I can dry 3 feet but then he is off,I keep trying to tell him he has four feet but he doesn't listen. It is now badminton season and we are every proud of our no 2 grand-daughter. She used to play but has had a 7 year layoff. Now as she is finished with Uni she started to play again last September and is back to no 1 in NZ. I am going to watch her play in couple of weeks so will have to find my winter woollies,these halls are freezing so will perhaps have to buy some thermals. Still making baby quilts for the incubators at the hospital and now have been making beanies for the newborns,I can feel a proper quilt in the air so will have to decide fairly soon what to make.Take care and enjoy your summer, Hugs Bee in NZ.

2 Comments:

At June 2, 2013 at 6:38 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Bee, so good to hear from you.
For the clueless, like me, what is wheatbix? Is it sort of like a composit wood?
So exciting to hear about your grand daughter #2. I'm sure you are proud of her.
Do you just have cold weather and rain? Or do you have snow also?
I am very excited to be going on a 3 day quilt retreat, starting this Thurs. If you have kept up with what is going on with the WWQP, my Mom is failing, is in a nursing home here, 10 miles from me. She has advanced dementia, can barely see, and can barely walk. I have been seeing her several days a week, and though I love her dearly, it has worn me down.
Hope you and yours are well, and you can post here more often!
Sara in Fla.

 
At June 4, 2013 at 7:30 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Bee, what is a "weetbix floor" ? This is what is so interesting about the board here...people living in different parts of the world and talking about a 'weetbix' floor. Made me think about Wheatabix cereal...(grin).
Rosey

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home