Thursday, June 6, 2013

Weetbix floors

THis is a type of flooring which looks like weetbix, it is wood chips glued together and when my house was built was better than sliced bread(another nz comment). Unfortunately after a few years when it gets wet it goes soggy. MY shower was leaking from the outlet drain and carried under the shower into the bathroom floor. Rosey ,you are correct think of weatabix and that's the flooring, to Sarah, think flakes of wheat mixed with glue and exchange wood bits for the wheat and there you are!!!!! Now I know why I like the real thing not made up rubbish. I am very lucky one of the latest new???? ways to build was a new way to treat timber and a lot of lovely new apartments were built of it , now they are called leaky homes and are going rotten , some big money is involved for these poor people and my floor is nothing to their problems. So much for progress!!!!!! I should have said way back in the beginning the the original is a breakfast cereal which is eaten by a lot of us , but I will never eat them again.It is now breakfast time and I am eating porridge, with of course brown sugar and cream.Hugs Bee in NZ.

1 Comments:

At June 8, 2013 at 11:51 AM , Blogger Lavinia said...

It sounds like pressboard here a lot of stuff glued together that falls apart when wet. Actual name is CDX, they ship the chips overseas to Asia someplace (DH used to call it Japanese plywood) glue it together and ship in back. They have it at Lowe's in the US. Well gosh, good luck replacing it, Bee.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home