Saturday, April 27, 2013

checking in from Fla

It is interesting how the mid-west states and planes state are having colder than normal temps.  More snow and Fla. had a warmer than normal winter.  Today and yesterday were Spring days and DH and I did more bike riding.  Both days we put bikes on car and drove south about 50 min. to Palm Coast and used the beautiful bike trails.  Today some his good friends went also.  It is 10 miles of trails, some by the intercoastal,  lovely mild breeze.  The trail through the "swamp" was shady, some small wooden bridges over what would be the swamp in the rainy season.  I would not want to be there in July or Aug. due to the heat and misquotes but for a few more weeks it will be good.  There were several more miles or trails, but by this time it was noon.  We found a cute little Italian place and I had gluten free cheese ravioli.  DH and the others had reg. Italian.
Now my legs are sore, but not too bad.  10-11 miles each day.
To make this quilty, I finished up 99% of my Tree 'O Life quilt top and took it to the long arm quilter on Wed.  The quilt store is a good 20 miles from me, on the other side of town, but not too bad after visiting my Mom.
Mom has had some more TIAs and can barely speak.  I saw her again last night.  The lady in the next bed is a God-send, she looks after mom.  She says Mom is now holding conversations at 2am with my Brother, who died last year.  Thurs. night she was evidently upset with me about something, and we "talked" and she felt better.  I think she will be in heaven in a couple of weeks.
So, to make life better for Norma (the room mate) I bring Dunkin Donuts coffee in the mornings when I visit.  Mom used to drink a cup, now she just takes a few sips, but Norma drinks all hers and is happy for my visits.
I will be starting a different eating plan soon, as the one the DR. recommended has gluten in the supplements.  Will have to juice fast for 3 days!  I will be able to drink tea, but not coffee for 21 days, but am willing, as she found out I have high blood pressure, and really need to change my lifestyle.
So, more next week!
Good to hear from everyone!  Keep quilting.
Sara in Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home