Wednesday, April 24, 2013

More by luck than judgement....

I'm pleased to see that I am still able to get onto the site !   I hadn't tried for awhile,  and all this talk about people not being able to get on, had me worried...

I am taking a minute for myself here !  I seem to have been running around in circles for awhile. The grandsons arrived last Saturday (was it ONLY five days ago ?!?) The DH had to be away at a funeral from Friday to Monday (that was no help at all !) I had to drive to the airport three times in four days... the grand-daughter and boy friend arrived on Tuesday and stayed until last night, this morning I am feeling tired and there's still a week to go !    DGS has his 16th Bday on Saturday and his parents are coming down to surprise him ...they will be here for two nights I think . We are taking the boys into the city for a Bday breakfast, supposedly to meet up with the other grand-parents, and his parents will be there !  I hope it all works !

At least the sun is shining today. We had rain for the first three days.  DH plans to light a big bonfire after lunch and then give the boys some driving lessons.  They will enjoy that.  The younger DGS hurt his toe the first day here, so all the expected time doing Rugby training hasn't eventuated..    Anyway, enough of that. I know I'm lucky to have family visit but I do find the boys a bit difficult to entertain...

ANZAC day here today when the bravery and sacrifice of the troops in wartime is remembered.  Is it remembered in Canada Rosey ?  There are many dawn services here and mostly they are well attended.

Good to hear news from Jane. I had been wondering how things were for her.  It will be such a shame if this page dies through lack of use.  I'm always so interested to read of the lives of others . If we were teenagers we would be able to set up another, easily accessed page but, alas, I have no such talents. !  I should ask my grandsons, the younger one knew how to find our password without asking us for it.... that didn't please the DH any...!!!

Better go and them all,
Marion.

3 Comments:

At April 25, 2013 at 7:32 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At April 25, 2013 at 7:32 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Marion, it sure sounds as though you have your hands full. But you must feel pleased to know that the grandchildren want to be with you, too. We do have a day in November ...it's called Remembrance Day, to honour the veterans of all wars. It's also known as red poppy day.
I hope, too, the board doesn't suffer for lack of posting or difficulty in posting. I simply do not understand how anyone would bother putting up a website, paying for the use of it and not check it or answer emails from people who want to be on the site. It doesn't make sense to me but I'm repeating myself.
Rosey

 
At April 26, 2013 at 5:52 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

It was my posting that went up twice, I'm the guilty one...
Rosey

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home