Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Spring weather...

The weather is still "interesting" down here ! A heavy frost this morning, which will set back the spring growth. Four seasons in one day, two days ago.  I was working in the garden in shirtsleeves in the morning and by mid afternoon  a "southerly" came through (look what's south of NZ and you'll see what that means !!) bringing hail, rain and a dramatic drop in temperature...   All of this has barely affected me though, as I've been deep into "Gone with the Wind ",,,,,,, the book and the video !   None of it new to me ofcourse, but it must be 40yrs since I last read it and I was back to it because I had recently read the story of the life of the author.  I found that SO interesting that I had needed to revisit the book.  I wasn't disappointed !!. It amazes me that out of all that came the United States of America.... Well done !

I've got friends coming out to lunch today, so I'd better get on. The property is looking very pretty at the moment.  Makes me wonder how many more "Springs" we will see here and makes me think how much I'd like to be coming out here for lunch, if I lived in the town.....!!

Have a good day.
Marion.

3 Comments:

At September 19, 2012 at 7:06 AM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Marion, I guess at our age I'd echo the same sentiments. I wonder how many more springs we'll see here in the country as well and I cannot imagine or put myself into 'town', certainly not the town we live near. I could see myself in the town of where we spent many years growing up at the cottage. For me, having some connection, some feeling for where I am living, is important. And yes, AntArctica...you'd hardly think of it when your weather is so balmy in comparrison to ours here in Canada and while many think we might be affected by our Arctic well to the north of us in Canada, we're more affected by the weather coming up and through the mid-west of the United States. They like to blame all their bad weather on Canada, though...lol. My mind races forward to what ifs and then I keep reminding myself, I have only this moment, this day, to stop worrying about next year, where will we be...hard though to stop the mind from wandering there.
Rosey

 
At September 19, 2012 at 3:51 PM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

Good advice Rosey ! Make the most of each day.... nobody knows what tomorrow holds... Another chilly day here but the summer gets closer every day !
Marion.

 
At September 20, 2012 at 11:18 AM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Except, Marion, I don't always follow my own advice. I am human after all...but I try to convince my mind otherwise...it sometimes doesn't listen to me and goes about thinking exactly as it pleases.
Rosey

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home