Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Guns....

Thank you to those who have given information about the ownership, and possible use of guns.  A lot of rural people here have a rifle for shooting rabbits, hares , sick animals etc.  Licensed ofcourse, and supposedly kept in a locked cupboard. (ours is propped up in a corner of the living room, unloaded ofcourse.!..)  The amunition has to be stored away from the gun and the police do a check when the license is renewed. We have one here and I am often woken by gun fire as my DH frightens the rabbits off the garden !!.  The thing which surprised me was the number of people who said they had a pistol in their home,car or handbag.  That would terrify me !! Would you acually use it do you think ?  If you shot an intruder here you would likely get into more trouble with the law that the intruder would..  I don't know if it is legal to have a shot gun or not in NZ (where even our police are not armed..) I don't know of anyone who has one.  No doubt there are plenty around in some circles..

What with guns, snakes and bears on golf courses, I think I'll revue my travel plans..!!

Great to hear from you Jane . It's been a long time and, no doubt, you've been up to all sorts of interesting things since we last heard from you. !!

Our wild weather continues.  We had more snow on the hills last night and there is a frost out there tonight..

Have a good day.
Marion.



1 Comments:

At September 12, 2012 at 6:51 AM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Marion-I'll have to move to N.Z. when I retire! If the police are not armed it must be more crime free than anywhere in the USA. Where my DD lives there are a lot of hunters, so the grand boys have BB guns, and do target practice. One boy has shot some large rats, but no large animals. (they are in farm area) I would be afraid to shoot someone, but if I was home alone would rather do that than have that person kill me. Hopefully the 2 yappy dogs would scare anyone away. We are in a fairly safe part of the city, but there is crime everywhere.I pray that I never have to use the thing, but could and would if I had to.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home