Saturday, September 8, 2012

A lovely Spring morning

after a horrendous night of wind and rain and thunder and hail. So much for spending time out in the garden trying to sweep the mess up after the last lot. Gus is a wimp about thunder and his pills help but he still tries to hide under my chair in the computer room. He is about the size of a fat lab. He can get his head and shoulders under it and I have to cover the rest with a blanket, this comes of having a rescue dog who was abused. The thing is he can't get out and I have to move the chair for him.He is such a loving goof I don't really getting up at night to help him. I can't seem to win with animals as ours are all idiots. No quilting here just trying to tidy up . My mobility is shot and everything takes me at least twice as long , I am not complaining just cross and grumpy. My mind goes ninety to the dozen and my body is hours behind. So much for growing old. I am still very pleased to wake up in the morning when the alternative is not to do so. I am really waffling today, I must need more coffee. Hugs for now will write when I can find something more interesting to say. Hugs to all. Bee.

2 Comments:

At September 8, 2012 at 8:03 PM , Blogger Lavinia said...

Bee, my dog (rat terrier) was great until there was a storm and lightning/thunder hit a pole near our house in Tennessee. After that she was terrified to hear thunder. She gets under the covers but then tries to keep her head out to see the lightning (we have plantation shutters now, however). She even hyperventilates. She will be 10 in December. I guess their size doesn't matter if they are afraid. Lavinia/AZ

 
At September 9, 2012 at 8:21 AM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Oh, Bee, how wonderfully expressed about old-er age...my mother-in-law used to say that growing old was not for sissies. I love how you put it...your mind is still going 90 miles an hour and your body has a hard time catching up. I have a lot of energy still but the fact is I'm having trouble remembering names, something I used to pride myself on. Yesterday, in the pet food store a younger woman said: "Hi *****, and for the life of me, I can't think of her name nor where I knew her from...bad sentence structure there...(smile).

Rescued dogs often have issues unless they've come from a family home where illness or death precludes them being cared for. I've done Aussie Rescue for years, in the background not the frontline as I'd be having every rescue living with us here and that wouldn't do. But a lot do have issues because they were abused or frightened by humans. Thank heavens there are people who still rescue dogs and are willing to give them homes.
Rosey

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home