Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Whew - success!  Don't know why but it worked for me.  Bee and Marion have seen this photo of my first grandchild, Charlotte Rose, at 3 months.   It looks like we'll probably see her about 4-5 times a year if things keep going the way they are.  That's OK - DH's parents lived in NZ and saw our kids every 3-4 years so I know which I'd rather have.

I hope the winds and fires have calmed down over there and not too much damage has happened! As with Bee, we are in a part of the country which doesn't have such extremes - not even enough bush to have a bushfire.  I'm thinking of those of you who might be affected.

We are off on another adventure - an 8 week trip to the US/Canada in 2 weeks' time.  We'll be going to NY City, Rochester NY, Toronto, DC, Alabama, OK City, the Grand Canyon, the San Francisco area, several parts of Oregon and lastly LA.  It's exciting but rather daunting at the same time.  I do most of the bookings and already I've found a couple of discrepancies which might have been a problem if we didn't know about them beforehand.  (Not my fault of course LOL).  

I've made a double bed quilt for DH's nephew who lives in Toronto with his Canadian wife.  I've decided to take it on the plane as my 'blanket' - hope that works!  Rosey - am waiting to hear from them about the Wednesday but I think that will be fine.  

Off to start the day.  Hugs, Fran

2 Comments:

At August 29, 2012 at 7:53 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

I've been wanting to go to the Grand Canyon, and you will get there before me!
Let me know what you think.
Sara in Soggy Fla.

 
At August 29, 2012 at 7:53 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

I've been wanting to go to the Grand Canyon, and you will get there before me!
Let me know what you think.
Sara in Soggy Fla.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home