Thursday, August 23, 2012

Tropical storms, and so on

Lavinia-good to hear from you.  I'm glad your DH is getting help.  Even if it took a move to do so.  I'm not a desert person either, like the lush green of the Eastern seaboard.
Having said that Tropical storm Isaac and then #10 behind it are keeping us on our toes and glued to the Weather Chanel.  It only has 40 MPH winds now, but is 1,000 miles across- the distance from Atlanta, GA to Boston MA.  Our ground is soaked and there is 2" of standing water in my driveway now.
But, speaking of Boston, DH & I found out about a cruise through one of the A/C companies he does business with.  One of those perks for selling a certain brand.  We HOPE on Sept. 23rd to fly to Boston, cruise up to Halifax, Nova Scotia and St. John's Newfoundland, back to 2 places in Maine, then back to Boston.  7 days all together.  His is free, mine costs $$, but cheaper than San Fran. Cal. area, and still in the Eastern time zone.  Hopefully there will be leaves to see, and no rain!
Mom took a fall yesterday about noon.  I had just come back from seeing her at the nursing home.  She went to the hospital (thankfully only 1 mile away) by ambulance.  Only 1 staple in her head.  Those head wounds bleed like crazy, so I'm sure it was traumatic.  Thankful it was only minor, and thankful I didn't have to clean up.  She was only there abt. 4 hrs. which is short for ER time.  She is 94, will be 95 in a few weeks.
So, lots going on, none of it any fun.  The baby that I made a quilt for was born Sun. evening at 6:15.  Another girl, Hannah Elizabeth.  Mom and baby went home Wed. AM. They live in North Carolina.
All for now.
Sara in Fla.

2 Comments:

At August 23, 2012 at 6:56 PM , Blogger Lavinia said...

thanks for writing! I know hurricanes well, having lived in Fort Pierce for fifty years. Hang in there! Gosh, sorry about your Mom's fall, it is easy to fall--it seems to just happen suddenly. I have fallen too a few times and now try to be more careful. Hope she's doing okay! We'll wish the storm(s) to go around you, too.

 
At August 24, 2012 at 3:14 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Lavinia-Girlfriend, you get around. I was in West Palm Beach for 20 years before Jacksonville. Cannot believe how the cayotes just go through the neighborhood. Like a stray dog, only wild.
Mom is better, but almost fell this morning when I was there. Thankfully I caught her! Looks like the storm will just miss us. Maybe-they are fickle.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home