Saturday, August 18, 2012

Bragging rights...and a little $$$



My quilt, If You're Gonna Be a Bear, Be a Grizz, tied for the People's Choice award at the Eureka Montana Quilt show earlier this month.  A prize money check arrived in the mail this week!  The Eureka show is a nice show, all outdoors with the exception of a couple of special exhibits, not as big as the Sisters show, but it's growing.

We had a good time camping in the area.  Gus (left) and Murphy spent a good deal of time in the water.  We also headed north into Canada for lunch one day.  Eureka is only about six miles from the BC border.

On another note, I don't know if any of you are following the fire season in the west.  One of the large ones in Idaho is about seven or eight miles from our cabin.  So far it's moving in the opposite direction, but we are keeping a close eye on things and will go up and get a few things out if the need arises.

Kathi

8 Comments:

At August 19, 2012 at 7:32 AM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Oh Kathi, I'm so glad you put the picture of your quilt up here on the board. It's gorgeous...and so is the quiltmaker who made the quilt including those two rascals of yours. I'm so admirous of those who piece and piece well and tackle such projects as you have and others do. I can't for the life of me get tied to my sewing machine for it drives me bananas but I love pieced quilts on my bed. And I do nothing but applique...so I'm in awe of those who do quilts like yours, Kathi,

Rosey

 
At August 19, 2012 at 10:04 AM , Blogger Jill from Portland said...

Kathi, how cool! Love the picture.
So glad I got to see this quilt up close in Sisters!
So sorry about your smoke, late fires but they have made up for lost time for sure.

 
At August 19, 2012 at 11:36 AM , Blogger Kathi in Idaho said...

Thanks! I am in awe of Rosey's appliqued quilts, especially since I made one of her designs last year. Hours and hours of work!

 
At August 19, 2012 at 4:07 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

This is wonderful. Glad to see it, you, and your 4 legged kids. Bravo to you for putting it on the WWQP, I still haven't mastered that art yet.
Sara in Fla.

 
At August 20, 2012 at 4:25 AM , Blogger Laura in IA said...

Thanks for sharing your stunning quilt Kathi. It is gorgeous!

 
At August 20, 2012 at 11:23 AM , Blogger Lavinia said...

It's fabulous! Congratulations! Hope the fires miss you, was just reading about it this morning.

 
At August 20, 2012 at 5:48 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Kathi - thank you for sharing the hoto of your quilt. It is gorgeous! I saw the national news story about the fires in WA/ID. I hope they can be contained.

 
At August 23, 2012 at 11:03 AM , Blogger Mary in Oregon said...

Kathi, as ever your quilts are amazing. Thanks for sharing!

The fires all over are very scary. Stay safe!

Hugz, Mary in Oregon

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home