Saturday, August 11, 2012

Olympics, travel


JANE IN NC -   I tried emailing you, to test the 'new' address, and I have heard nothing back.   I don't know if you received it, or if it is lost in cyberspace.    I hope all is well with you.

OLYMPICS - It is hard to believe they are almost over.   I watched much more of the TV coverage than I thought I would.    So many of the competitions have been simply amazing.  Others I have missed because I HAD to leave the house and live my life.  ;-)

I have done very little sewing this summer, so I guess one would say I'm in a slump.   Hopefully when the cooler days of autumn arrive, I'll feel more energetic as well as inspired.   ;-)

We were in Washington, D.C. last week & week-end and had a wonderful trip.   DH and I visited two museums each day.    One of our son's long time friends got married and we were invited to the wedding.   The ceremony and reception were held in a large "ballroom" on top of a condominium building that sits on a hill in Arlington, VA.     We had a beautiful view of the D. C. "Mall" and Arlington cemetery was at the bottom of the hill.    When it got dark and the moon came up, all of us were taking photos of the view.  I'll post it here.   Be sure to click on it so that it will enlarge.  Because it is dark and taken with a cell phone, it is not the best quality, but I think you'll see the red moon and the view we had.


This is  maddening  interesting:  The "Dashboard" for posting, when I tried in Internet Explorer, had no option to post a picture.  So . . . back to Google Chrome and there are all my options.  

DH and I are off to the local County Fair this evening.   We'll eat dinner there,   my goal is to find - and try - the fried Oreos.  (LOL)   One of our ASG (American Sewing Guild) members has a vendor booth and I heard her ice cream is The. Absolute. Best.   So naturally, I'll have to check it out.    Once we are on our sugar high, the concert at the fair is a tribute to the music group Santana.    I don't know if we'll like it,  but we'll have had enough sugar that we won't care.  

Hugs to everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home