Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Portland, OR

JILL in PORTLAND -    Safe to assume Portland, OR?     I saw the most hysterical clip on YouTube from the TV show Portlandia  "Is it Local?"     LOL   I think I'll try to watch the next season on TV.   Our son and DIL are planning a trip to Portland and Seattle and I sent it to him.

ROSEY P -  what lovely pics of you and Miss Annie-NO! a/k/a Miss Bossy Boots.    LOL   WHAT would we do without dogs in our lives?

I scrubbed baseboards last week, and it has become painfully evident to me that I am too old to be doing this anymore.    My massage therapist un-kinked some painful muscles, and now I'm in the fall-out pain phase of that treatment.   Ugh.....   But seriously,   if you want it done and done correctly . . .   Nobody else would be willing to use a toothbrush to scrub those things.   (they do look lovely, bright and white again.  LOL) Too bad baseboards are so low to the ground... er ... floor and I'm getting too old with my bad back, etc.

OLYMPICS - has the synchronized diving always been an Olympics category?    I am amazed, impressed and completely addicted to watching this competition.   I had to tear myself away from the TV while watching the equestrian dressage competition.   I wanted to cry every time a horse fell during the cross country phase.   Such beautiful horses and awesome riders.

1 Comments:

At August 5, 2012 at 1:03 PM , Blogger Jill from Portland said...

That Portlandia is so crazy. Even though Fred Armesen is from Sat Nite Live the Show is from here in Portland. My fav is the skit where they arrive at Whole Foods without their own shopping bags. The show has also tagged the quote "Portland, where the young come to retire"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home