Monday, July 16, 2012

this and that

I do wish the blog would stay the same I just get used to it and away it goes again. Not much happening here, too cold and wet some mornings recently we had 1 degree, I am very late getting put of bed. While I think about it be very sure you all keep the old photos. My dear mother lost the plot a little before she died and decided one day to burn all our family papers, lovely leather photo albums with the brass hinges and the sepia papers with hand painted pansies around them. Fortunately my brother and I had a few photos and we photocopied them one set for both kids and grandkids. I would have loved to have the old ones but memories will have to do. One of our great.......'s grandfathers was the village minister and used a pony and trap to visit his parishioners, apparently the pony was well trained and even if he fell asleep would stop at the next pub so he could wake up and have a pint. My mother was horrified and would never tell anyone , the rest of us think it was funny , about our only claim to fame. LOL Not too much quilting here, my DD has a little business hand dying wool and making buttons. She is really busy and makes some great colours, mostly graduated and sells it all each sale, I am grandmother in chief chasing a very fast just 10 months old. She is great but I am so pleased to get home at night. her last colours were based on the flower fairies books. and the buttons are mostly fairy stories. Looking forward to summer but have told the kitten people I will have 4 to bring up. So much for taking it easy. Phew!!!!!! Actually Gus is very good with the kitts so hope he is ready for them. ..... Sarah, so sorry to hear of your problems, they never seem to end for you. Know I am sending good thoughts to you and all others who need a lift. hugs for now Bee in NZ.

3 Comments:

At July 16, 2012 at 7:04 AM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

I love the story of the grand! Sorry about the pictures also. I have a photo album (scrapbook) that I made for my parent's 50th anniv. It has lots of spare pages in the back that I plan to put the misc. pictures in. I can label them as best I can. At least they would be preserved for future generations that way.
Sara in Fla.

 
At July 16, 2012 at 5:53 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Bee, I know it's not meant to be humorous but I love the expression you used: "lost the plot".

It says so much in just three words.
Rosey

 
At July 17, 2012 at 7:02 AM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

They used to say about one of my grandfathers Papa is in his doties. I guess today we would say dementia or early Alzheimer's.
Sara in Fla.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home