Wednesday, July 4, 2012



Doris, you have surely taken a photograph of an Australian Shepherd in the gondola. In Europe, there is a law no longer allowing the docking of tails on this breed. You can't see the butt-ends of Annie or Hope here in the photo but you also don't see their tails because they've been docked. This breed, I believe, began docking tails because they are a herding and working breed and the hair on their backsides gets so thick that it picks up burrs and twigs and so on. Plus, the sheep they would be herding could have had maggots and the dogs would have picked these up as well. This is my speculation but I loved the photograph of the tailed Australian Shepherd, my first glimpse of such and it's a very nice tail. I won't mind quite so much when these laws hit the North American continent seeing this dog in your photo. I've enjoyed my trip to Italy, Doris, it's saved me a lot of money and I feel that my horizons have expanded because of your trip and photos. Thanks for taking the time to share them with us.

Rosey

3 Comments:

At July 5, 2012 at 7:59 AM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Add my thanks for the pics of Italy. They have been fun, and a great saver of shoe leather and money. We are at Jacksonville beach through tonight. No city fireworks due to money problems, but some people spent lots of their own $$ on fireworks last night. Sara in Fla.

 
At July 5, 2012 at 7:59 AM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Add my thanks for the pics of Italy. They have been fun, and a great saver of shoe leather and money. We are at Jacksonville beach through tonight. No city fireworks due to money problems, but some people spent lots of their own $$ on fireworks last night. Sara in Fla.

 
At July 6, 2012 at 5:33 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Rosey - I never guessed that dog was an Aussie. Surely the tail threw me off. It would be difficult to be a dog in Venice. There is not one blade of grass anywhere.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home