Sunday, July 15, 2012

It is totally confusing Doris

Doris-sometimes I can post something new, but can't comment, sometimes the other way around.
Any of you know about pricing items for sale on E-Bay?  I have 2 sets of needlepoint prints--one set my Mom bought back in the 1960's and another set was made by an aunt from about the same time.  The E bay prices are all over the board, some are listed at needlepoint, when they are really cross stitch.  I remember Mom buying the 2 colorful prints for $10.00 each because she wanted something colorful in the living room.  Her whole life she had leftovers, "hand-me-downs" and such, and I think she just wanted something she picked out.  The paperwork was hard to go through.  I threw some things out, only to have a GF tell me to get them because they were family history.  The Denny family had about 300 acres of farm land in Laurens Co. South Carolina.  In 1937 they had to sell 20 acres to pay the taxes.  Other parts were sold over the years, and when the final sale happened in 2001 there were about 100 acres left.  Mom used her share to go on the trip to England when she was 83.  She paid my way too.
I'm hoping my DH's friend will be here today or tomorrow to show us how to photograph and set up a sale for E-Bay.  He likes to do it.  Maybe I can finally post pics. here!
Sara with the sore back in hot, sticky Fla.

2 Comments:

At July 15, 2012 at 11:19 AM , Blogger Jill from Portland said...

I think the best way to price on ebay Sara is to see what things have sold for (there's a window on the left that will let you do that)
It's the best guideline. Things don't sell as well as they used to.

 
At July 15, 2012 at 1:10 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

I agree with Jill.

If a 'sold'price on any eBay item seems really high, be alert. I have read that sometimes a seller will "buy it from themselves" just to puff up the price, then they re-list it later hoping to get a better price. I do not know if that is really true, but can see how that could happen.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home