Friday, August 10, 2012

a nocturnal kiwi

and the birds are nocturnal and I am fast joining them. I have throughly enjoyed the Olympics but as they are on at our night I am losing so much sleep. I do try to have a nana nap during the day but the phone keeps waking me up. I have to leave it on as my son's father-in -in law is very very sick and I will have to go to my DIL when anything happens. Spring is a coming and the birds are very busy and the flowers are coming into bloom,wonderful. I was offered a lamb to look after yesterday would have enjoyed it but had to decline because of the situation with Ron's health. Gus wouldn't have known what to make of the lamb ,he has never seen one, only on his plate LOL. Soon be kitten time here and I must paint the deck where I will be putting them. Either I do it soon or wait until they leave which could be in 6 months. Hopefully by mid October then Gus will be so happy apparently my kitts are so used to the dog that when they leave here they take over the dog's basket where they go to live. Would love to see them so small and so cheeky.Nothing in the quilting happening here my hands are too cold and stiff will improve when the weather gets warm. Just seen the time expecting my DD1 and family for lunch so had better make the pancakes to let them stand for a while . Hugs to all and keep quilting. Bee in a rather chilly NZ.

4 Comments:

At August 10, 2012 at 7:29 PM , Blogger Kathi in Idaho said...

OK, Bee. I want to know what you are making with pancakes that stand a little while. Are they crepes?

Kathi

 
At August 11, 2012 at 4:00 AM , Blogger Bee said...

sorry I should have said the mixture has to stand.I was always told to stand any batter mix for at least 1 hour.Mine are basic with maple syrup type Yum.Bee

 
At August 11, 2012 at 10:01 AM , Blogger Jill from Portland said...

I know, so rummy, from the Olympics.
They have been so exciting!

 
At August 11, 2012 at 4:37 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

I heard a brief blip on the news about a volcanic eruption in NZ, but nothing more. I guess not much happening since u are OK. Glad things are good with u.
Sara in Fla.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home