Monday, August 13, 2012

Tuesday.

It's taken me so long to get here I've quite forgotten what I was going to say !!

  Thank you to those who have posted photos.    Doris,  Washington DC sounds the perfect place for an interesting holiday, so much to see and do.  Imagine having enough museums to  visit two a day....
 Here we are in danger of dying from boredom . A lot f things are still closed, I am not happy to visit any of the Shopping Malls or the cinemas they house, the weather has been worse than awful and now we have volcanoes in the Nth Island, puffing quietly away...  When I first met my Kiwi husband and decided to join him here in NZ., my sister warned me about earthquakes and volcanoes.!!!    I've been here for nearly fifty years and experienced neither.  Two years ago that all changed , we are now regularly shaken by after-shocks and now the volcanoes have decided to join in the fun...

We have had cold, wet weather for weeks and we are all tired of it. The ground is very soggy and the spring bulbs are slow to show themselves.  Added to that the DH hasn't been well and we suddenly seem to have become an old couple, sitting in front of the fire all day !  I have done some quilting ofcourse, and we have watched the Olympics, I have also read lots of books.  It was "almost" warm for an hour or two on Sunday afternoon and I had a busy time in the garden. Felt so much better for it too.  It was good to see that so many plants were coming back to life and the many bulbs only weeks away from flowering.

So, the Olympics are over.     Unlike Bee I didn't stay up late to watch events but we enjoyed replays  during the day.  All those super fit, good looking young people...sigh.... remember when ?!?

Thank you to our 'regulars" who keep the board alive.  I've made some good friends here and it would be so sad if we lost contact with each other.

Have a good day.
Marion.

6 Comments:

At August 14, 2012 at 11:30 AM , Blogger MJ said...

checking to see if comments will post.

 
At August 15, 2012 at 3:44 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Marion I was worried when I heard the little "blip" on the news about the volcano. Glad you are OK enough post here. Yes, sometimes we gen in a terrible rut, DH is in one now and is need of a week off. I'm worn out emotionally when I get back from seeing my Mom at the nursing home. I generally nap on the couch for 30 or 40 min. For some fun check out You tube-"Julia Child remix" she would have been 100 today. Go bake some new cookies, or plan on the next quilt to make. Come to the US for a visit!

 
At August 15, 2012 at 4:34 PM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

Thanks Sara ! I really shouldn't complain when I think of all you have had to deal with recently.. Once the sun comes out things look so much brighter, we are just not used to endless grey days of rain ! A holiday in the States...! Nice thought. We had planned to be in the UK this year but put it off because of the earthquakes (DH didn't want to leave the property) We hope to go next year.
Have a good day.

 
At August 16, 2012 at 7:59 AM , Blogger RoseyP said...

I've just been kicked off here too...part of what we deal with in the world of blogs. Marion, complaints are legitimate fears. You're entitled. I was unaware of the volcano eruption as I've been away. I'll check it out on the internet now. I don't blame R. for not wanting to leave home when all that is going on. Sending you a cyber hug,
Rosey

 
At August 20, 2012 at 11:28 AM , Blogger Lavinia said...

Oh wow, don't think I could handle volcanoes OR earthquakes. Wish I could send the sun to everyone, it is constant here.

 
At August 20, 2012 at 5:49 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Marion - I heard about the volcano. Gah! That's all you need (NOT!!!) along with the earthquakes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home