Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sunday evening checking in

Such great pictures on the WWQP.  The Bear quilt is wonderful.  I lose my sanity when piecing more than a baby quilt.  Too antsy to stick to anything big.   And Oliver is as cute as a button.   Welcome new grand son!
It is rainy here in Florida.  Sticky too.  At least it held out until about 3pm.  I tried to nap, but had a "Real" Coke at a late lunch and too much caff.   I know what Marion means about feeling blue after days of rain.  Fortunately we usually have sun during the morning, and just a quick downpour or "sunshowers" in the afternoon.  Today was heavy thunderstorms with lightning.  We took a couple out for burgers and over to our beach place for them to see it completed.  The lightning over the ocean is awesome in the true sense of the word.  Only 2 fools out there in the water.  This couple had seen the "before" and "during" of the condo, and DH wanted to show them the after.
I went to West Palm Beach last Thurs. drove by myself this time.  A memorial service was Fri. AM for my favorite uncle.  He passed away in April, shortly after my brother went into hospital.  I am thankful his daughter didn't hold the service until now.  It was still emotional, but a wonderful testimony to his life.  He had been a Air Force person for 20 years, then lived in West Palm Beach and taught flying until he had a heart attack and was grounded. Made a quick trip to my Mom's house to gather 6 dining room chairs.  The kind with needlepoint cushions, that little old ladies used to have.  I'm hoping they will sell here in Jacksonville.  The wonderful neighbors have been caring for the house, and cutting the grass.
OK this is a book-grand sons starting school tomorrow in N. D. - DH wants to go to 7pm movie, the Bourne one.  Since it is rated PG I guess I can stand it.  All for now.
Sara in Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home