Thursday, August 23, 2012

Testing photo

Don't know if I've done this correctly or not so thought I'd post to see if adding the photo worked.  This is a new format, I notice, so Eric is getting us all up to speed, I suspect, in the ways and means of cyberland.  It's fun to see so many different postings from so many different places in North America, New Zealand, Australia, although Fran, I think you'll be leaving shortly will you ... you may have left already for North America. 

How do I have the energy to run a B&B at my age...and a birthday is coming up again, thankfully...seventy-something...Lavinia asked...and I think at times, I don't have the energy I used to have two or three years ago but I enjoy it very much...I have so many interesting people come here.  This week we have a family from Germany who are staying with us until Sat., then more coming in for weddings, Sat. night, two older women equestrians, Fri to Sun., Sun. night a guest speaker at our local museum will be staying here.  Where could I ever have such a diverse life and all the social interaction I need.  As I said, I will never get into another pair of panty hose again in my life if I can help it. 

Took a trip through the Alleghany mountains last week-end to meet an Australian Shepherd breeder who drove up from Maryland to meet me and he brought with him a little Aussie pup.  We had to put Geordie down at 16 this past July, not unexpected, he was struggling badly after two strokes and Hope is not well and is 12 1/2.  Annie the pup is now 1 1/2 years and I wanted to bring in a 'sister' pup for her.  Annie is enchanted with the puppy, who is the colour of nutmeg, thus her call name "Meg" or Meggy.  And she's adorable.  The Alleghany mountain drive, all four lanes, green space divider in-between was wonderfully scenic.  We drove over to Rochester then headed s/e to Lewisburg, PA where we stayed overnight.  A longtime friend gave me the gift of two days of her life to accompany me down and back and took over half the driving, too.  We were so surprised at how beautiful the mountains were.  I'd been dreading it because my experience with mountain driving has been two lane, huge precipitous drops over the edges of the roads through Virginia, North Carolina, Kentucky and northern Georgia.  Needless to say, we heaved a great sigh of relief to find ourselves on a four lane divided hwy.  Bringing a puppy into the middle of my B&B season is not without its challenges but mother nature does not always put a puppy on this earth at the time when we're ready for it.  Meg is integrating well with everything. 
I'm going to bed at night with a glass of cognac !
Rosey with Annie

7 Comments:

At August 23, 2012 at 7:44 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Whoops, it didn't work. Doris and Lavinia, can you tell me how to do it.
Rosey

 
At August 24, 2012 at 6:01 AM , Blogger Lavinia said...

I did it accidentally. Clicked on the little photo thing then had to "browse" through My Pictures to select the pictures. Hope that helps. Keep trying, if I can do it ANYONE can do it hahhaha I am computer challenged.

 
At August 24, 2012 at 2:40 PM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

Welcome to Meg ! She's one very lucky puppy ...

 
At August 24, 2012 at 6:39 PM , Blogger Fran (Sth Aust) said...

Rosey, what are panty hose? LOL Lovely news about the new pup but so sorry to hear about losing your old faithful.

 
At August 25, 2012 at 1:54 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Panty Hose, Fran, I cannot believe you haven't heard the term of this strangulation device obviously designed by a man (no woman would ever think to do this to another woman !!!)....stockings that go up to your waist...I don't know how else to describe them....Horrible things but better than the old nylons and the garter belts. Thanks for your note about Geordie. It was his time. It was a second stroke that took him...hard on Jock though...no matter how many pets come and go, tears can come too when I have to put them down.
Rosey

 
At August 25, 2012 at 7:37 PM , Blogger Fran (Sth Aust) said...

Oh Rosey, I was joking really! I know they were supposed to go up to your waist but the ones I wore never seemed to get to the top of the legs properly. Luckily I usually wore long pants at school and even 'for best' so it must be 20 years ago I wore my last!

 
At August 26, 2012 at 6:27 AM , Blogger RoseyP said...

I can't remember the last time I was in a 'dressed-up' dress....heaven forbid that I should ever have to again since moving to the country and if I move from country here, I'll move to country further north in Ontario...I DO NOT LIKE GETTING ALL DRESSED UP....I get tied in knots before going where I'm supposed to......Aha, Fran, I got caught with "Aussie" humour...lol. See you in Sept. Will email privately.
Thanks Marian, Meggy is a very calm, sweet girl...thankfully, as Miss Annie is a handful...a very pretty handful but a handful nevertheless. Loosing beloved family pets is hard enough when it's their time to go but even Jock is healing well from the loss of Geordie with the new pup in the house.
Rosey

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home