Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Checking in . . .

There is a product for dogs who hate storms called  " Thundershirt ".   (<--- click for link)  There is even one for cats.   I don't know if they work for every dog,  but they seem to have a good track record.

Lavinia -  Coyotes,,, well, they ran rampant here for many years.  We have not seen any in the past several years, so now our fox population is booming in the neighborhood.  The foxes are not very afraid of us, but they keep their distance when they see us.  I have seen them laying down in the middle of the street. 

DH and I were in Colorado Springs, CO this past week.  He had a convention to attend and we went out a couple of days early to play golf and have a mini-vacation.   On one of the golf courses, there was not a single trash can.   Very odd, as there is always one on the tee box.   When we were finished playing and returned to the pro shop, I told the young man who handles the cart that I was very sorry about all the trash in our cart (lunch wrappings, water & diet coke bottles) but that I never found a trash can.
His answer:  "That's right.   We don't have cans because the bears raid them."   BEARS?!?!?   AAaaaaack.  And here I thought I only had to watch for rattlesnakes.  Gah!
THEN he showed me (on his iPhone) a photo of the very large bear that was sitting on top of the dumpster that is behind the Pro shop.  He took it  a few mornings ago, when he arrived to work.   AAAaaaaaccccck!

I was very grateful that we saw no bears while playing golf on THAT course.    Whew!

The altitude  (6,000 ft or 1,829 meters)  took its toll on us, and even moreso the dry air (8 - 10% humidity) and different pollens.   Our noses were dripping, stuffy, and I had a few unwelcome nosebleeds.     But we saw NO BEARS, so it was all good.    ;-D

Two of the mornings, we woke up to 45°F!   

Needless to say, it is good to be back home.   I have been doing laundry for two days,   got  all  the ironing done by this afternoon.   Snoopy dance!!!

Hugs to everyone.

1 Comments:

At September 12, 2012 at 12:53 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

We have a thundershirt for #1 dog. Can't say it works too well. She shakes, and it I'm home will jump in my lap, or burry herself under my arm. If I'm not home will hide under the bed.
Sara in Fla. where hiding under the bed seems good, head is killer today.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home