Saturday, September 29, 2012

checking in . . .

I hope everyone is doing well.   Joleen, I am  not familiar with the book you are looking for.  Keep checking eBay and amazon.com.  Sometimes the books come up for sale, sometimes when estates are settled.  When a dear friend died last year,   ALL her sewing books were donated to our local library, who sells them on either eBay or amazon.com.

I can't remember if I mentioned before that DH and I are having our kitchen completely redone. Makeover. Renovation. Whateveryoucallit.  We received a  call this past week that the cabinets are ahead of schedule, and the tear-out date will be in two weeks.   Ack!   I have been packing up the kitchen and can barely move from using muscles I haven't used in years.  Maybe decades.   The old cabinets, sink & appliances are being donated to Habitat for Humanity.     GoodWill has benefitted from my cabinet clean-out.   One looks very serioiusly at a teapot and asks, "If I have not used this in fifteen years, do I really need to keep it???"

Last Saturday, DH and I also cleaned out our basement.  We did a major purge several years ago, but this past weekend was a deeper purge.   Ugh.   The pile of old stuff to go to the dump was rather large, but it is all gone now.   Again, a matter of "If we haven't even thought about this item in fifteen years, do we need to keep it?"   Some things were a bit sentimental, and were difficult to let go of, but mildew from the basement had won the battle and they were useless to anyone else.   If we were moving and downsizing, the stuff would have no home anyway.

So the packing continues.   DH and I will "camp out" with our microwave and toaster oven, and the little sink in the laundry room.   Hopefully the new will be installed in less than six weeks after tear-out.

So that is what is new here.  And that is enough.  (LOL)

Hugs to everyone!

1 Comments:

At October 2, 2012 at 8:27 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

I'm so proud of you for cleaning out stuff. I think it is like coathangers in the closet. YOu close the door and it multiplies. There will be that much less to go through when you finally downsize, or when your kids have to do it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home