Saturday, May 19, 2012

Spring means mowing & mowing grass



I used to wax poetic about the beautiful emerald green grass in the springtime but the truth is, when the grass starts growing, there's no stopping it. And of couse, the lawn tractor must break down once the season starts...that's a given. Here is the 'lawn'. that I've just finished cutting and believe me, I doubt it was ever seeded or sodded years ago, it's field grass cut down and domesticated.
Several mornings ago, Miss Annie woke me up at 5:30 in the morning, barking furiously, usually at that time of day, it's a deer bark, as she sleeps on the window box in the bedroom. I looked out and watched as this bright rusty patch moved, stretched, grew and stood up and went to the bathroom. A single deer had slept the night just outside our window in the hedgerow. Since then, it's been back again, walking close in to the house in the early morning. Not a hunter, I'm humbled by their presence.

Jane, change is the worst thing in the world unless it's for the better. Having to learn new things in older age is about up there with change in my life.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home