Tuesday, May 1, 2012

. . and then the dog runs away!

I got up this morning with intentions of 30 min. of prayer and Bible study, 30 min. of putting on the binding of the last quilt.  Etc. Peace, pre-dawn the DH is still in bed.  So, after letting the 4 legged children out, feeding them, having cup of coffee #1, I let them out for the 2nd time.  Drat if one little fur-child doesn't dig out somewhere and run off.   No peace, no morning yoga, no sympathy from DH. 
She finally returned and was in the garage when DH decided to go look for her before work.  I had gone out 5 or 6 times, called, walked other dog, etc.  After a good scrub in the tub she is on the bed and at lest safe at home.
The stress is just overwhelming me.  I want to crawl in a hole, runaway, or something.  Can't even make it to a yoga class.  Have been reaching out to GFs, but most of them are working full time and have the same time as others, family, kids, grands, etc.
Thanks to all for letting me vent.  I'm working on finding a new chiro. Doc. who does acup. who is located on this side of town and takes my insurance. Nothing is instant.  Mom is doing OK, brother doing so-so, I've gotten so I don't want to answer the cell phone because it is another problem.
So, I'm working on understanding how to post here also.  Some days easier than others in BLOG land.
ROSEY-how is the pollen your way?
JANE-have you made any decisions on moving somewhere?  Please do it on your own, with help and input from friend before others have to do it for you.
OK-going to have some cold water and do that 30 min. with the binding.  It's too early in the day for wine.
Sara in Fla.

5 Comments:

At May 2, 2012 at 5:15 AM , Blogger Laura in Alabama said...

You are in my prayers... Your time spent with the binding should have been helpful, if it went well.
Here's another tip, for what it's worth. Years ago, when I was a teen, someone told me that when your life is falling apart, make a list of all the things that are bothering you. Include the little stuff like the light bulb that needs changing, the mess that needs cleaning, etc, and include the big stuff that is beyond your control. Then pick one or two things on the list that you CAN change, and fix them. For some reason, it does seem to help.
Blessings and peace.
Laura

 
At May 2, 2012 at 5:29 AM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

Sarah, sorry that you are having so many difficulties right now. Life seems to be like that sometimes. Try not to worry about the things you can't change. As Laura says, just pick on the things you have some control over and work on those ! I hope you have some supportive friends around you. Feel free to unburden yourself on the BB. There are those of us there who care, and can offer you prayer support.
Look after yourself.
Marion.

 
At May 2, 2012 at 5:29 AM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

Sarah, sorry that you are having so many difficulties right now. Life seems to be like that sometimes. Try not to worry about the things you can't change. As Laura says, just pick on the things you have some control over and work on those ! I hope you have some supportive friends around you. Feel free to unburden yourself on the BB. There are those of us there who care, and can offer you prayer support.
Look after yourself.
Marion.

 
At May 2, 2012 at 7:09 AM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Sara, I think Laura's advice is good but I guess it won't stop the ever-present worry that you are living with but it may ease your mind getting it refocused in another direction. With your brother, there is nothing that can be done but the thought of loosing a sibling to me, would feel threatening not only because of my relationship with that person but because our ages would be close together. Your mom, all you can do is what you are doing, which from what you say, is a lot. Pressure comes in so many different forms. Yesterday, I, too, felt like crawling into a hole and if I'd won a lottery, I'd be building myself a little bolt-hole somewhere and be taking off for it. And that was all over the relining of the pool which has not been completely finished off to the specs it was before the damage was done to the liner. It's hard to put things into perspective when too much is loaded onto us.

The pollen...Himself here has a sore throat, very unusual for him but I'm bracing myself for a male cold which can be disastrous as many of us know. Me, sneezing, yes, the pollen is coming off the evergreen trees and the windshield of my car is often tinged with a faint yellow dusting.
Rosey

 
At May 2, 2012 at 6:12 PM , Blogger Fran (Sth Aust) said...

Sara, definitely vent here when you need to. Just having written it all down and getting it out of your system somehow helps just that little bit, even though the problems are still of course there. Thinking of you, Fran

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home