Friday, April 20, 2012

I do wish we were having the gorgeous flowers you have been showing us. Winter is not too far away here and the garden is closing down , having said that the weather is so much better than in our Summer, lovely sunny days and crisp night , wonderful for sleeping. I would love some author's names for your mystery books I have changed my preference for reading , mostly because I have read most books in our library and the ones I have requested are still coming.The Help has 512 people before me so as you can see it will be awhile. WE are having a new library in about 12 mths so looking forward to that.I am a real book reader don't like any electronic books, have to have the book in my hands.Guess I must be old fashioned. Sara, so sorry about your mother , she sounds so frail. Hug her gently from me. Re the ads at the top of our posts. Here we must have different ads to you, at the moment it is about fabric, strange.Jane getting old is a problem there is always something hurting. Please take care you have had more than your share of them, Hugs to all ,Bee in NZ.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At April 21, 2012 at 11:59 AM , Blogger Phyllis in Minnesota said...

I'm a lurker but just had to recommend a Minnesota author - William Kent Krueger who writes mystery fiction with northern Mn. settings. He has a website so you can check him out. Hope you enjoy his writting.
Phyllis the Lurker

 
At April 21, 2012 at 8:23 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Hi Phyllis the Lurker, you can't get away that easily because I do remember you from the last board and it's wonderful to know that people are reading this form of entertainment and connection. You can't slip away that easily...thanks for the tip, will look the author up on the internet.

All you lurkers out there...for heaven's sakes, we regulars are running out of conversation just trying to keep this board afloat...always the same folks...the lurkers must be bored with us by now.

POST.

Rosey

 
At April 24, 2012 at 1:45 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Thanks for the mystery recommendations. I should write one about dealing with hospice/federal government! The left hand and right hand don't talk to each other. Some of the paperwork I have been told to sign is not what I would call legal.
Sara in Fla.

 
At April 27, 2012 at 8:22 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Would you like me to send you my copy of "The Help"? I've read it, seen the movie. Lent the book to a few people and now it's sitting collecting dust.
Would be happy to post it to you.
Sara in Fla.

 
At May 7, 2012 at 8:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are a couple mystery writers
you might enjoy....Archer Mayor is pretty good...settings in Vermont area. Another is Carla Neggers. I have read only a few of her books and those again are from the North east area of the country with connections to Ireland....enjoy your journey!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home