Saturday, April 7, 2012

love the WestJet comercial!

It was so cute--hopefully people saw the end where it said "happy April Fool's day"
Was taking my Mom to get a hair cut yesterday, had the wheel chair, but she wanted the walker. Bad idea! After taking about 4 or 5 steps (I went to open the door) she toppled over backwards, just as if a strong wind had pushed her. Thankfully no major injuries! Several kind people rushed to help including a woman who went to her car and got a big golf umbrella to shield us from the sun until the para-medics came. They bandaged her elbow, where she split the skin. He had a lump on her head, but the skin wasn't broken, so she decided she wanted to go back home. I don't blame her!
My brother took a turn for the worse last evening, was taken to ICU and is on full oxygen. He is now stable, and they are trying to see if he can get a CAT scan. Hopefully the oxygen will stabalize him enough to get him to the Miami hospital. Evidently their oncology unit is bigger and better.
I have a pound cake in the oven, and am trying to think "Easter". The weather today is lovely, sunny but still cool air. Have invited a few friends over for dinner tomorrow, and DH and I will go to church in the morning. Mom doesn't want to go, and after yesterday I'm not going to insist. Whew!
Happy Easter/blessed passover to all.
Sara in Fla.

2 Comments:

At April 9, 2012 at 5:44 AM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Sara, I'm sorry to hear about your brother. Has he been moved into the other hospital and how far is the transport? This is quite a drive for you, I think, from where you live. Florida is a deceivingly large state. Driving down to Florida, when we crossed the border from Georgia, I'd feel, it won't be long now before we reach Sarasota and yet it took a full half day to reach our destination. I think you are located more in the northerly part of Florida, are you not?
I hope your mother is faring well after her tumble.
Rosey

 
At April 9, 2012 at 6:08 AM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Rosey-yes, we are in Jacksonville, up in the north end of the state, on the ocean side. The drive to West Palm Beach is about 4 and 1/2 hrs. If and when he gets moved to Miami VA hospital (that's veteran's
) it will be about 1 more hour. Plus I HATE Miami-most everything and everyone is Spanish, and hard to find English spoken there. Very strange! Fortunately my brother and the kids all speak fluent Spanish due to his living in South America for years. He is stable on oxygen for now.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home