Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Three weeks !

Fran, you'll be getting so excited ! When our first grandchild arrived, my sister sent me a badge saying "I thought my work was over and then I became a grandmother !! " very true but no complaints from here ! Let us know when the baby arrives so that we can share you pleasure.

The Volvo Ocean Race continues... Two of the six boats returned, damaged, to NZ, another is heading for Chile for repairs and Telefonica is heading for the Tierra del Fuego for repairs... the two leaders are still charging to the finish line . They still have to round the Horn and travel a further 3000 miles, so nothing is certain. My nephews wife, also a keen sailor, has done the race twice herself, so knows what it is like. No women do it now, the boats have changed and need more physical strength.

Cold and wet today, plenty of indoor jobs need attending to so I'd better make a start on some !

Marion .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home