Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My second Y2K



Now I remember why there weren't any 3" squares left over. I used them on the half square triangles. This is the second Y2K quilt I made. It's the one we use on our bed in the summertime. It was based on a pattern from one of the quilt magazines. The designer made it in Civil War Repros and called it North and South. Since my squares came from around the world, I called this one "North, South, East and West." Haven't been able to run down a picture of the first one yet, but I know it's here somewhere. Otherwise I'll just have to take a new one!



Kathi

6 Comments:

At March 14, 2012 at 6:20 AM , Blogger Laura in Alabama said...

Lovely! I love scrap quilts.

 
At March 15, 2012 at 11:24 AM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Kathi, again it boggles my mind how you folks put together pieced quilts. I love looking at them, I love them on my beds but making them....it would likely take me twice as long just trying to figure the pattern out. The quilt is lovely. I love the stand. Is this a child's swing or a quilt stand built especially for you for outdoor photography?
Rosey

 
At March 16, 2012 at 11:51 AM , Blogger Kathi in Idaho said...

This was at a quilt show in Eureka Montana. Jackie Robinson has moved there from her home in Colorado and has really inspired the quilting community. Eureka is a very small town just a few miles from the Canadian border.

 
At March 16, 2012 at 8:22 PM , Blogger Jean at Mill Bay said...

I am amazed that you had enough fabrics that you could maintain that colourway -- it is lovely!

 
At March 20, 2012 at 7:31 PM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

Kathi, this quilt is just lovely. Looking more closely I see that you have incorporated reds and greens, who would have guessed it ? The overall effect is very attractive. I'm sure you love it too. It would have taken awhile to put together !

 
At March 21, 2012 at 9:40 AM , Blogger Kathi in Idaho said...

It was actually a very simple pattern...a split nine patch. If you look carefully, you can make out the individual blocks.

As I recall, a person could request a colorway on these exchanges. Both of my quilts have a lot of blue. Now that the weather is better, I'll try to get a picture of the other one.
Kathi

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home