Monday, March 5, 2012

so glad everyone is safe

I was in my own little world since Thurs. night, didn't even know there were any tornadoes anywhere. Glad we are all safe!
Had a bit of a melt-down Thursday evening when for the upteenth time I couldn't find something. This was the Valarian root I've been taking for help with sleep. It was at home on the kitchen counter, and I was at the beach in the condo. The doggies were not happy, I was not happy. We bought a queen size bed, I wanted to put the dogs in their zip-up dog kennel to sleep at night, they whined, so DH let them get in with us. On top of me mostly.
(The cheese would come in here) On Friday tried to find a 36" towel bar to match the others we had bought at Bed, Bath, etc. The company doesn't make them that size. So, on Sat. we bought 2 18". I now realize why the elderly get so anxious after moving out of the family home into a "nice" place. Can't find anything. Trip over boxes. Trip over dog. Wake up, don't know where I am, try to find bath room in the dark-Oh-hit wall.
On the good side-found a couple of great restaurants--shrimp so fresh it was just out of the water.
Re-connected with some old friend, bought a blender and had frozen drinks on the balcony.
Walked up and down the stair case several times just for the exercise. 16 floors each way!
Saw 2 amazing sunrises over the Atlantic ocean.
There is a light at the end of the tunnel. We will have to get a king size bed- and I get to pick it out. Things are almost finished. The throw pillows are going to be colors I like because I'm making them out of fabric I chose.
OK, hope you get better soon Jane-take good care of the body parts.
Sara in pollen filled and windy North Fla.

1 Comments:

At March 9, 2012 at 5:46 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Sara - I know that feeling about being confused as to which item is at which house. For ten years, we had a vacation home, and I often would start to cook something and just *knew* I had bought an ingredient recently. Right. It was at the other house. Nonetheless, I know you and your DH will enjoy your new condo.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home