Saturday, March 3, 2012

all clear

The fronts have passed us by this time. Unfortunately, some of the people who were hit this time were also hit in the storms last April...The tornadoes seemed to be tracking along the same lines. Fortunately, they were acting more like the usual tornado; hopping along instead of raking a straight path for miles, so the devastation is not as widespread as in April's storms.
I'm just grateful that I could get home from school. The path of one tornado tracked across the roads I use to get home. I had to turn around and try a different route because of downed trees and power lines.
I hope everyone else on the board continued safe...
The only quilting I'm doing right now is on a scrap apple core quilt. I'm contemplating what I want it to look like. So far, I've had to change my plans only once because it was too busy when I started laying out pieces...
Does anyone have Y2K 3 inch squares they would like to swap for fabric? I bought a new mattress after Christmas, which I love. It is however, much thicker, so none of my quilts drape long enough to cover the mattress. I even borrowed a "store bought" quilt to see if it was big enough; it isn't. Obviously, I'm going to have to make more quilts and give the old ones away. What a tragedy! :) But I really did like my Y2K quilt and would like to make another that would fit!
Laura in chilly, but clear, Alabama

6 Comments:

At March 3, 2012 at 7:55 AM , Blogger Fran (Sth Aust) said...

Laura, I have 2 pieces of Y2K fabric which I don't think I'll ever use - you're welcome to them. Fat quarters I think. If you send your address via my email (frangipani52AThotmailDOTCOM I'll post them over. Glad to know you got home safe.

 
At March 3, 2012 at 4:54 PM , Blogger Laura in Alabama said...

Thanks, but I still have some Y2K fabric, I think. What I'm looking for is the set of 2000 squares that a group of us swapped, including the signature squares. It was a lot of fun, and I've lost touch with most of them.

 
At March 4, 2012 at 11:47 AM , Blogger Jill from Portland said...

I have squares somewhere & will try to find them for you, but I may have cut some of them down to 2.5 as that was my original plan when I realized my quilt would be half an acre if I kept them 3 inches :)

 
At March 4, 2012 at 6:17 PM , Blogger Laura in Alabama said...

Jill, would be lovely. Any that you still have would be appreciated, especially the signature squares... I probably could swap you for 2.5 inch squares, or yardage if you prefer. I have lots of 2.5 inch squares already cut... What do you want for them?

 
At March 4, 2012 at 6:17 PM , Blogger Laura in Alabama said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At March 4, 2012 at 7:33 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Laura, the destruction in Indiana is just awful to see. I have a friend further north and east of the town that was flattened. We, in Ontario, have received the tail end of it and 70,000 people were without power in the southern Ontario region of Canada.
Rosey

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home