Thursday, February 16, 2012

Round Robin




One of the challenges our guild had this year was a Round Robin. There were 15 participating and we had the UNVEIL last Saturday. We were all very happy with the results! Our guild website has pictures of all of them if anyone is interested http://prairiepiecemakersquiltsnewulmmn.org/. We each made a 12 1/2 inch block and included fabrics we wanted in our piece. At the October meeting everything went into a brown bag and was handed off to another person. We didn't see them again until last Saturday. Here is a picture of mine... (I'm on the right side of the picture by the Hy-Vee bag - :) All of them will be on display at our quilt show in March. Joleen in MN

8 Comments:

At February 16, 2012 at 12:55 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Joleen, am I allowed to say that your project turned out to be the nicest one of the bunch?!

You must be happy with it, it's very pretty.

Rosey

 
At February 16, 2012 at 1:21 PM , Blogger Joleen in MN said...

Well thank you very much...We were all very happy with the results. I will definitely participate again next year. Joleen

 
At February 16, 2012 at 2:29 PM , Blogger Sandi Irish said...

It's wonderful!

Hey, maybe I'll see you at the quilt show...

 
At February 16, 2012 at 6:49 PM , Blogger Kathi in Idaho said...

Good to see Karen there with you, too. I really like your quilt. With all the applique, I can see why you got Rosey's vote.

Kathi

 
At February 17, 2012 at 12:55 AM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

Lovely to see the quilts and the delight on the recipients faces ! Your quilt gets my vote too Joleen, The central square is very pretty and I like your choice of colours.

Marion

 
At February 17, 2012 at 7:36 AM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Kathi, you know me too well....lol. I often wonder why I'm so attracted to doing applique work when I love seeing pieced quilts, actually prefer pieced quilts, on my beds here at home. It doesn't make sense to me. Other than the fact that I was never good at math and pieced work is very precise. When I look at a pieced quilt that is complicated, it takes me quite a while to figure out the construction whereas quilters who are good at pieced work can see the construction of it almost immediately. My mind does not function in the pieced world, I guess.
Rosey

 
At February 21, 2012 at 6:58 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

What a beautiful quilt, Joleen.

 
At February 21, 2012 at 11:17 PM , Blogger Mary in Oregon said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Joleen! Great job.
Mary in Oregon

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home