Monday, February 13, 2012

Linda's service and the kids

I decided to just copy what a I posted to another group that Fran and I are in:

It was nice to see the kids, I hugged them all from us. Curt was also there and
I think things are going OK with them all. From what I understand, they all went
to the Mall of America yesterday. Also, Curt has rented a small, 2 bedroom house
in town for the 4 younger kids, walking distance from school which is great.
Brennan, Meaghan and Kennedy are old enough to be on their own but I'm sure they
can be there as well as needed. It's a much better situation all around.

There was a guy at the door with a smudge pot which is incense that he was
swooshing over people with a feather. Sorry, I can't think of a better way to
describe it. I had gone inside before he appeared. I'm not really into that sort
of thing so I would have gracefully declined the offer had I been outside.

The actual service wasn't very long. The chaplain admittedly did not know Linda
except for what the kids had shared with her. After she said a few words she
allowed time for people to get up and speak. I had spoken to her before the
service and said I'd go first, it always helps to have someone break the ice. I
told everyone how we had met and about our sister's group and that their cyber
aunts from Australia, England and around the US were thinking about them and
sending their love. A couple of other women that Linda had been working with in
her herbs business spoke. Steve also spoke a bit about her and going to school.

Afterwards there was dinner and I sat with a couple that were friends of
Linda's. The lady's daughter had dated Ethan for a little bit. Must have been
very little, he's only 16, hehehe (cute, too). I think there were more friends
than family there but since I didn't know anybody it was hard to tell.
I have a picture of them all that I will try to post later, it's on my phone.

Afterwards, one of the young ladies that spoken had come to me and thanked me
for sharing. She said that Linda had spoken of us often and she was happy to
hear a little more about us.

I did tell Brennan and Meaghan that if they needed anything they could contact
us and we would do what we could. I think we just need to keep in contact with
them on FB...

2 Comments:

At February 13, 2012 at 3:20 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Sandi, it sounds as though Linda got a good send-off and that Curt is allowed to be there for the children who will need a parent around, although with his job, it may take a little sorting out on how things will function for them all. Is Brennan at home or who might be in charge of the younger ones. I guess most of us are concerned for their welfare with the older ones off and away from home. Looking forward to your photo,
Rosey

 
At February 14, 2012 at 10:57 AM , Blogger Mary in Oregon said...

You are a good person, Sandi Irish, for taking the time out of your busy life to show Linda's family that she, Linda, touched the lives of others. Thank you for going to the funeral and for sharing details with everyone. What a shock for Linda's family! I'll be thinking of them.

Hugz, Mary in Oregon

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home