Thursday, February 9, 2012

Linda

Thank you for posting the news of Linda, Rosey. Our splinter group ("Val's Sisters") is in shock right now and still trying to get our minds around the loss of Linda and how this will impact on the lives of her children. Her youngest is still only 12 or 13 although the oldest 3 are in their 20s. Thank goodness for Facebook! We were able to touch base with several of the girls and let them know we were thinking of them. The celebration of Linda's life will be held on Sunday and at least one, maybe two of our group may be able to attend. As our old friend TerTer would say, "Hug the day". We have no idea what is just around the corner.

3 Comments:

At February 9, 2012 at 5:40 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Fran, thanks for posting. You will hear much more than I will, in fact, I may hear nothing more at all about Linda's family for whom I feel great concern. I'm glad to hear that the younger ones were in the public school system for this would bring them closer to attention of any community and social services should they be needed. I believe Curt is a long distance trucker and wonder what will happen now with the younger children and where they will live. Such a shock but I believe she'd had a mild stroke a number of years ago. And I do know that she and Curt have been separated for some time now. If you hear anything further, I'm sure that others would appreciate hearing more from the Sister's Group. This forum, while very well set up and private has not generated the same interest and I feel this has nothing to do with the format of the board rather, things run their course and time of interest on the internet and then seem to drop off after a few years.
Thanks again, Fran, I felt that you could fill in the details.
Rosey

 
At February 11, 2012 at 4:51 PM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

Hi Fran,
Thank you for the update. The children will have been pleased to have heard from you. Mention of Terter made me wonder how she is. I miss all those "regulars" There was another web site that some of them went to (Not"The Sisters")...but I have long forgotten what it was ! Say "Hi" to them for me. I valued those times when we all chatted regularly. It was as if the whole world suddenly opened up ...

Marion.

 
At February 12, 2012 at 6:10 AM , Blogger Laura in IA said...

Fran,
Share my sympathy with the sisters and Linda's family if you have the opportunity. They were so kind to include me in their meet up in MN when you were visiting the US. Thanks for sharing the information here. Laura

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home