Monday, February 27, 2012

Monday night checking in

The porta-a-loo idea is a cute one! The hearts are sweet too. Colorful.
We spent 2 nights in the beach hi rise condo this past weekend. A bed, some chairs, a sofa, coffee pot, not much else there yet. The 2 little dogs did ok. They had been there several times for 15- 20 min. at a time, so did alright with the elevator. The weather was not good, gray, very windy, spitting rain. We both slept well in the new bed, so that was a plus, it is very quiet. We are on the 8th floor of a 16 floor place. When we get towel bars & coat racks up a shower door, those things that you don't really think about at home, life will be better. We had the wet bath towels hanging over the doors, clothes on the chairs, and so on.
In a few weeks things will improve and I'll post pictures. Everyone likes the colors I picked out for the master bedroom and bathrooms. My sew-ezi box arrived at home and I took it over, haven't taken it out of the box yet.
I wound up getting the draperies made by a local designer, made DH happy, less work for me, and about the same price. Not colorful at all (beige, beige) However with some throw pillows of the Tommy Bahama fabric, some pops of color here and there it should be OK.
I forced myself to go walk on the beach for 4 miles- 30 min each way into the wind and back again. Burr! One person was just coming out of the water as I was about finished with the walk & I asked him if he was from Canada-he said "Almost-Minn." The only other people out there were lifeguards in training and they had full body wet suits on.
Good news! The DD and family will come for a Spring visit in April. They are tired of the cold, and need a break. Sadly SIL's father is not in good health and is asking to see the grand kids.\OK- The Voice is on TV and DH wants me to join him.
Sara in Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home