Saturday, March 10, 2012

awake!! at 3.15 am

I am so impressed with my Gus. I always wondered what he would do if anyone came up my drive in the dead of night and now I know. All h##l broke loose. He woke me up and I saw torches outside my bedroom. My security lights moved with the high winds and were not working and the boys are coming today to reset them, I was asked to come to the front door and after asking and seeing the police uniforms I did just that. Gus was still sounding off and I was asked to hold him, which of course I did. They had been given my addy for someone they were looking for. After Gus realising I was quite happy with my visitors he took off back to bed leaving me with the police. He was snoring by the time I tried to go back to sleep which, as you can see, didn't work .I am now on my second cup of coffee and have stopped shaking. It is a great feeling to know my own security works so well even if he made sure he didn't lose too much beauty sleep. Hugs Bee in a very dark NZ.

4 Comments:

At March 10, 2012 at 5:58 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

I'd be shakin' in my boots, Bee. Especially living alone. Wonder what that was all about?
Good boy, Gus,

Rosey

 
At March 11, 2012 at 2:12 AM , Blogger Bee said...

The police didn't tell us I was trying to find out, will have to watch for our local paper. Apparently there were 4 police but I only saw 2. I had to make the coffee!!!! They did apologise though.

 
At March 11, 2012 at 6:24 AM , Blogger Laura in Alabama said...

I'm glad he reacted properly! I hope you managed to get some sleep later.

 
At March 11, 2012 at 7:42 PM , Blogger Jill from Portland said...

Scary, glad all is well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home