Monday, March 5, 2012

Sarasota, Florida



Sara's posts about the new condominium have kept me amused over the last while and the everyday annoyances and challenges of moving into a new place, particularly when one has been told to move out of a longtime home and into something 'easier' as she mentions many older folks doing..where you won't have stairs, lawn to cut, snow to shovel and where there will be less work for you 'mom'....My last move was nearly 24 years ago and I'm sure that I would find moving out of our present home nothing short of an aggravation as I live with a packrat. But Sara's posts have reminded me that I have this photograph of Sarasota Bay taken from the Ringling Bridge in downtown Sarasota, one of the prettiest cities along the west coast of Florida. Sara is on the east coast. On the west coast one sees the sunset and the sun sinking into the ocean, on the east coast one sees the sun rise. At this time of year I'd like to hop on a plane and fly south.


The tornado destruction looks absolutely horrible in Indiana. And now snow. It's hard to imagine natural disasters, such as this and the earthquakes in New Zealand, unless one is living in them. We caught the tail end of the tornadoes up here in Southern Ontario on Saturday with very bad weather and 70,000 people out of power around the south central Ontario region. High winds, ice, trees down, lots of damage but thankfully just a pinch on what the folks in the mid-west US have had to face.


Off I go to put on my nightgown and sit my fanny in front of the television set...it's my night to watch Midsommer Murders, one of my favorites; another, Doc Martin.


Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home