Sunday, March 25, 2012

This and that too

We’ve been away, down in Adelaide for DH to have an op on his shoulder. Doc decided to postpone it for 3 months or so to see if it gets better on its own. We’ll see. We also swapped cars with DS#2 whose first child (partner’s third and our first grandchild) is due within the next 3 weeks. No hope of getting 3 car-seats in the back of their little 3 door/4 seater. They now have our 5 seater station wagon. DH now has a bad hip and sore bottom from driving home for 4+ hours without cruise control. The pedal’s at a different angle too, I found on the first time I drove. We’ll trade it in on our ‘perfect retirement vehicle’ sooner than later, I’m thinking.

JOLEEN: Hope your show went well over the weekend!

SARA: I still get confused with the shorthand for your US states. Had to look MO up on Google Earth. Sounds as if you had a full 5 days up there! I feel for your DD and her pain, and for you as her mother who must be feeling it almost as much.

JILL: We’re over your way in November. Maybe we’ll get to see you again.

BEE: Where do Dave and Janna have their batch? What a shame you didn’t bump into Marion while you were down at the Viaduct.

MARION: I bet your nephew’s wife hopes this will be his last time in that race too! She must be on tenterhooks all the time that he’s out at sea, especially when it’s the more dangerous parts, such as the Southern Ocean. How long will it take for them to get to Brazil? They DO get to see a lot of the world, at least…….both sailors and the families who can follow them around. Glad you got to spend some time with them.

DS#1 and partner are moving to Melbourne (1200 km away) over the next couple of months. We’ll have 2 sons living there now, but we have no intention of following them over. I feel it in my bones that at least DS#3 will move to the US or Canada sometime in the future, after finishing his PhD. DDIL misses her mum. Adelaide, however, might be a different story, and DS#2 would appreciate it, I know…….. Hard decisions to make, eh Marion.

ROSEYP: How are you? Hope all is well? You’ve been silent for too long.

Off to start the day. Have a baby quilt to sandwich and machine quilt!

2 Comments:

At March 28, 2012 at 8:44 AM , Blogger Joleen in MN said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At March 28, 2012 at 8:46 AM , Blogger Joleen in MN said...

Our quilt show was great! Over 950 people attended and we had over 350 pieces--from pincushions to queen size quilts. We hung the quilts with clip hangers and I still have about 600-700 of them in my house...By the end of the today I should have everything returned or in storage. When I get pictures onto our website, I'll post a note. Joleen in MN

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home