Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Another month



and our front porch will have flowers again. Maybe sooner given the warm weather we've been having this year. The wicker stand belonged to my parents, so it's quite old.


Jane, caught a geriatric ad above on the site, again. Wonder what this posting will bring, if anything.


We found the wind very high this winter and had an accident with the pool cover which allowed a small log to slip in damaging the liner. Today, a new liner is going into the pool. For 24 years we've lived with a turquoise liner and this one is a deep royal blue with an overall white fleck in it. I wasn't sure I'd like it given that the last liner was plain but once the water goes into the pool, it's making quite a difference; the white pattern which I thought would aggravate my eyes, is hardly noticed, instead it looks like tiny diamonds dancing in the water. It will take at least four large tanker loads of water to bring it up to the level at which the pool was lowered for the winter, then we will continue to pull water from our own well to bring it up to above the skimmer.

This is an expensive repair; not one wants in older age, I can tell you.


The weather here in Southern Ontario Canada has been phenomenal however the land is very dry and grass and forest fires will be a serious concern this year unless we get a lot of rain over the next few months. We had very little snow this winter, the first I've ever experienced.


Hope, #2 Aussie is having a spa day, standard cut, puppy cut & po*p path and she'll be ready for the warmer months to come.


Rosey


2 Comments:

At April 18, 2012 at 4:05 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Rosey - here is the ad that your post 'inspired':

Walden University Online
Doctoral, Master's and Bachelor's. A Higher Degree. A Higher Purpose.
WaldenU.edu


Apparently your post was considered very intelligent by Google Blogger. ;-)

 
At April 18, 2012 at 6:15 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

And Doris, when I tuned in the ad above said something about geriatric care. At my age, I'm a bit sensitive about this sort of thing...lol. Don't know about intelligence. I hate to admit that I read mysteries and consider myself a dyed in the wool overage Nancy Drew fan. Her books started it all...! I do like to read other subjects but I'm happiest with a good mystery book beside my bed at night. A tickle under the chin for that lovely Sophie.
Rosey

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home