Thursday, April 12, 2012

The grand kids arrive today!

It's been a hard few days with care for my Mom, but looking forward to seeing daughter, SIL, and the 4 boys this evening. Although they won't be staying here as originally planned, we will still have some good time together, going out for pizza for the gang tonight.
I'm sure they will want to hit the beach, maybe do some surfing over the weekend.
We've been having lots of smoke here in town the past few days from the many fires in the general area. Yesterday evening the air was sort of orange, very strange. We need rain so desperately!
The last fire was started by lightning.
I've never seen the weatherman talk about "hazardous" air quality before, but on the charts he said it was the worst, for people with breathing problems to stay inside with the AC on.
Things are not good with Mom. I'm looking into long term care, but that will take several weeks to get going, maybe months. I (we) will have to find an elder care lawyer, find out about veteran's widow benefits, etc. May even have to sell her house to pay for care at some time.
My brother was supposed to have the house put into his name several years ago, but he never did it.
On the good news front, my brother is out of ICU and was supposed to start the "big" chemo treatment last night.
Hope everyone is getting some quilting done. I'm hoping to at least go cut up some 2 and 1/2 inch strips today, just for mental health therapy, if nothing else. Maybe even set up the sewing machine and play a bit.
Sara in Fla. --where there aren't any dull moments.

2 Comments:

At April 12, 2012 at 9:47 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Sara - You, your mom, your brother and your DH have been in my prayers, and will continue to be. Please keep us updated.

Enjoy your time with the grands, too!

I had no idea there were fires in Florida, and I watch the news. Gah...

 
At April 14, 2012 at 7:49 AM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Yesterday was a zoo with all the grandkids, Mom, etc. I did gt Mom in the car, and out to the beach, under protest by her. About 5:30 when we were returning she said "that was a nice weekend at the beach, I enjoyed it". My niece and 4 girls spent about 1 hr. with us as they were on their way back to Virginia. Took lots of beachy pcs. with all the kids.
The fires are about 50% out. We still need lots and lots of rain.
Sara in Fla.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home