Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Elder abuse---well wait till they read this

I didn't see the add, but since I last posted things have gone down hill fast.
The worst is that I called my SIL this evening and brother's temp. spiked to 103.7 today, was down to 101 when I called about 6 PM. Infection coming from somewhere. They think the "pik" line.
Then on top of that, in the wee hours on Sun. AM my Mom got herself to go to the bathroom, evidently took 1 step and fell flat on her face breaking her nose. I woke up to her calling me.
DH was still at the beach. Called 911-they took her to the hospital ER. So, our Sunday was spent in the ER. X-rays of face and head, no further breakage. We stayed there 11 long hours. She came back home. Thankfully she is on hospice care who I called from the ER. There was a nurse here by 11PM, and have had 24 hr. nurses here since then. She is what they call a fall risk. Poor thing has black eyes, black elbows and 1 knee. She looks like "elder abuse" victim.
Tomorrow I'm taking her to respite care for 4 days so I can go on a girl's outing. I'm in need of some quilt/girlfriend time. My dear friend from Mt. Dora invited me down, and I jumped at the chance.
Still working on the long term care, lots of paperwork to fill out, etc. I did find my Dad's Army discharge papers from 1945 (the original and many copies) as well as birth certificates, etc. Lots of old musty papers to go through. Don't remember if I posted or not, but the Veteran's admin. of the US has money available for widows of servicemen who served in a war time. This will help pay for her care. There is also some help available from the state and fed. goverment, but again lots of paperwork.
The DD and family and us spent a few hours in St. Augustine this afternoon before they drove to Orlando for an early AM flight out. Short but good visit. We are talking about what we are going to do for Christmas. My SIL's sister and her DH have a Villa in Cabo-San-Lucas Mexico-they are talking about having everyone out there. I'm not a fan of Mexico -too much violence against Americans--but if everyone else is going I'd go too. Still too far away to tell.
Going to spend time talking "quilt" for a few days and decompress.
Sara in Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home