Monday, May 7, 2012

Update on family, etc.

It's Monday evening, and things are looking brighter here.  (speaking of bright, who saw the full moon on Fri/Sat nights?)  My brother called this afternoon, he is doing so much better they are talking about letting him go either home or to a phy. rehab place at the end of the week.  They can still find no trace of the leukemia in his blood, and the pneumonia is responding well to the antibiotics.  He will have to have a special diet, not be out in public, etc. if he does go home.  But all & all it's looking good.
Visited mom this afternoon.   She is OK, not terrible, not great.  I'm down to the last few things to do for the govt. help.  I need to go to the bank tomorrow and get print outs of the last 3 months of the savings account, which I closed 2 weeks ago.  I mailed a check today for all her funeral expenses, so that is all taken care of.
Brother is asking to have her moved back to Palm Beach county hospice, which can be done, but not this week. 
So tomorrow I'm taking off with a couple of girls and going to St. Augustine to look at a sewing/storage chair, and be tour guide for a few hours. 
Thanks for the advice of "make a list and do what you can".  It's amazing how much that helped.  One of the things was mop the floors. Not exciting, but it gave me a feeling of a bit of control.
More good news, the biopsy I had done on last Monday for possible new skin cancer is neg.  DH had 4 biopsies done, the 2 on the face are neg. and one on arm is squamous, the others are also nothing.  Not too shabby.  It's better to have something cut off your arm than nose or ear!  It's all a matter of perspective.
Thanks for all your good wishes and advice.
Sara in Fla.

2 Comments:

At May 9, 2012 at 4:07 AM , Blogger Bee said...

Great news all round, so pleased things are working out for you. I am using Flylady and the feeling of control at my house is amazing. Take care and many hugs Bee.gnt

 
At May 9, 2012 at 3:31 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

I LOVE flylady! Had been a member for over 6 or 7 years, finally dropped the daily E mails. I still hear her voice in my head, and still use the 15 min. timer.
Do you clean out your purse and car every Friday?
Sara in Fla.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home