Tuesday, May 15, 2012

uuuummmm ??

Oh dear.  When did all this change ?  The Blogger page looks very different but, having got this far, I will continue !

Well done Sara for posting regularly.  Maybe others are put off by this new format. Why do things have to change all the time ?

We had a 4.6 quake yesterday which was quite upsetting.  It's been quiet awhile since we've had one and we were hoping that the ground had settled . Living in Post-earthquake Canterbury is hard these days. I have had need to go to Christchurch recently and the amount of empty spaces where our beautiful city buildings used to be, is just so SAD.   There are very few high rise buildings left and the sky-line is dominated with cranes. They are attempting to demolish buildings without causing more damage to existing ones.  Our local small rural town is also a mess.  I think the engineers and insurance people are nervous and  keen to guard their backs. Everything is suddenly being labeled "unsafe". Our High Street is cordoned off and we have shipping containers everywhere, either to prevent falling buildings landing on people or to provide temporary shops. Fortunately the Post Office and the Library are still open for business but that's about all !

April was the warmest on record. It was a lovely month. Calm, sunny days with all the colour of autumn.  May is considerably colder but we've only had one frost so far.  Not a lot of quilting being done here, I've been busy with the "autumn tidy up" in the garden and preparing some pots for some colour through the winter.

My Nautical Nephew is in Miami, the boat that he is on didn't have a good run up from Brazil , they came 4th., they are still overall leaders, but not by much ! They'll be hoping for a better placing in the next leg.

On the home front all is well.  My cook-top gave up on me last week so a new one is to be installed... Something else to get my head around !!.  No knobs on this new one, it's all touch control ?!? I suppose that will make it easier to clean !

I see a highlighted label at the top of the page which says "Publish" so I'll try my luck ! If it works, be encouraged !

Marion.

1 Comments:

At May 18, 2012 at 6:39 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Marion, that earthquake was nothing to sneeze at...that's quite a strong one, if I remember from the one and only time I've experienced one. I don't know how folks are managing to deal with the uncertainty. It must feel as though you're living on top of a time bomb all the time and yet, I'm sure there are lulls between quakes when you think it's all over and life will get back to some semblance of normalcy. I'm glad you're out in the country. Less trouble to get into out there with a quake, I think.

Rosey

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home