Sunday, May 20, 2012

More spring flowers


Here are a couple of garden shots taken today.  The rhody is in full flower right now.  It's companion didn't bloom as well this year, though.  I'm thinking a bit of judicious pruning will be necessary after the blooms.  The clematis is also putting on a show.  These blooms are about 8 inches wide.

Thanks for the recipe, Rosey.  Sometimes I substitute applesauce for the oil in bread recipes.  It doesn't always work, but most times it does.  Hope yours turns out OK.

I'll agree that this new format isn't as user friendly, particularly for adding pictures to the posts. Old dogs...new tricks, I guess.

Kathi

4 Comments:

At May 21, 2012 at 8:48 AM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Kathi, the flowers are gorgeous. And leaving the oil unintentionally out of the rhubarb bread made the bread rubbery. Not sure if I can convince himself to even take it out to the glider club where the pilots are grateful for any baked goods left in the kitchen.
Rosey

 
At May 21, 2012 at 8:54 AM , Blogger Kathi in Idaho said...

Could you try using it to make French toast?

Kathi

 
At May 21, 2012 at 11:35 AM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Guess what, Kathi, himself was talked into taking one loaf, cut, to the glider club where they are desperate to munch on anything home-baked, and he cut some up for his lunch along with leftover fruits from the B&B guest breakfast this morning which summarily went also to the glider club and the rest went into the frig for himself to snack on in the middle of the night. It was a negotiation with me saying, okay, I'll throw the two loaves out into the garbage and himself rethinking that he hated seeing ANYTHING thrown out in the garbage. Today, I'll bake more and remember to add the oil this time.
Rosey

 
At May 22, 2012 at 6:58 AM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

The flowers are lovely! Even though there is a street named "Clematis" St. I can't get them to grow here, too much humidity I was told. Maybe it's just me.
Enjoy.
Sara in Fla.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home