Tuesday, March 8, 2011

snapshots....

Thanks Rosey, for that snap- shot of your surroundings... You probably thought it wouldn't be of much interest but that's what I love about this BB. We are all living in different parts of the world and what seems mundane to us, is usually of interest to others.

I am sitting at the computer at the desk in our "living room" , our Beagle is sitting between my feet ,waiting for me to walk down to the mail box. Outside , the remains of an early morning mist coats the lawn. The sun suggests a lovely day will follow. The radio is on, with more news coming from Christchurch. Later today I will be going back into Rangiora to sort out the church building. The temporary tenants left after the w/end and the commercial cleaners came in yesterday. Our friends return here tonight, they have been staying with their son who farms further north. They think they can return to their home, even though the damage gets worse with each after-shock.. They plan to return on Monday.

Our trip to Auckland was timely. Our DD went down with a nasty bug so I was able to take charge and let her rest. She has a stressful time of it with two teenagers and an 11 yr old, a husband who is often away and not overly helpful or supportive of her, plus a full time job. She looked awful and stayed in bed most of the time. I made some chicken soup (which cures all things !) and she sipped on that. We came home on Monday and she took the day off from work. She is back into it now and says she's fine...I wonder. What a way to live.

Have decided to make a few quilts to use up fabric and give to people who need them.. I'll just do the ones that have a the cut edges showing. I think you just cut out squares and sew them together with the cut edges showing ? Something like that anyway , no hand quilting required and quite quick to put together. With fuel prices going up, I could be spending more time at home !

So, that's a snap-shot of my life today.
Marion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home