Tuesday, March 8, 2011

ADDENDUM

I'm really excited as one of my DGSs has offered to come down here from NY to "help" during his spring break from school. I told him I'll have the Honey Do list of all the heavy lifting chores that need attending to. However since that generous offer was made he's come down with mononucleosis but he's still insisting on coming. His dad visited him last weekend at Hamilton College in central NY and has a good report to the effect that DGS is keeping up with classes and getting lots of sleep which is about all you can do for mono. I'll excuse him from the Honey Do list and see to it that he is undisturbed for his 12 hours a day of sleep. He won't have the distractions he would have at home with all his old HS buddies etc. I'll take grandchildren sick or well. I'm attending a quilt retreat when he arrives in Asheville airport on the 19th so I'll have to cut out of there a day early to pick him up. The retreat is halfway between here and the airport. When the grands were younger the first thing they said upon entry was "I want to sew". If that's still the case that should keep him occupied but not exhausted. He's now a young man as he and twin brother will be 19 in June. Wow! I'm too young to have grandchildren that age. Their baby sister turned 16 on the 6th (going on 20). I'm the last standing grandparent.

Time for a quick trip to town for the few things I forgot last week.

Jane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home